Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Start over,

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Let me know how it goes.

Which State...?
    Kansas, 3 hours Wednesday at inspection - passed with no issues, 2.5 hrs at the tag counter Thursday, but she is now inspected, tagged, and insured, on the road legally!!!

I drove it to work today, an hour 1 way all 4 lane road. followed the Open Loop SD tuning tutorial. Either I messed it up or something aint right. i will post my logged data, an my current tune.

then i have a question; under section "E) Update Tune:" Line 11) Select all cells on the table and past "as factor" ? I cant find anything that says "paste as factor" ? obviously I R Blind LOL

now hopefully the attachments made it
    Attached Files Attached Files

also here is a couple of short logs, both in succession before the 04 log. i increased VE by 15% twice before the 03 log. my O2 is now running 10 to 13 on AFR and stable 12.xx at cruise

sorry got the numbers messed up, ooo1 is no good
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Fix your "Out of Range" tables and also fix your power enrichment table {B3618}.

"Fix your "Out of Range" tables and also fix your power enrichment table {B3618}."

Ok I can do that, but my Efilive says "all good"??? i did copy B3618 from the factory tune.

this is my first "real" attempt at tuning, so if I upset you old salts, i apologize for my ignorance ahead of time.
    Last edited by Tinbender59; September 1st, 2018 at 02:37 AM.

Ok out of bounds stuff fixed!! IAT sensor ground wire cut!!! While I was at it, I put the "tune" back to factory settings. I took the factory 2004 - 8100, tune line by line and copied it into the Tahoe tune. Now it runs like it should untuned.

The current question is? Do i start with speed density, or CALC VET?? I can go either way, just need advice

Lifetime Member

Why are you cutting the IAT?

Sorry! I didn't explain correctly, it was cut and I fixed it.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tinbender59 View Post
    Ok out of bounds stuff fixed!! IAT sensor ground wire cut!!! While I was at it, I put the "tune" back to factory settings. I took the factory 2004 - 8100, tune line by line and copied it into the Tahoe tune. Now it runs like it should untuned.
    Good. Now save that tune file as your base tune and keep a copy of it in a safe place. If anything goes wrong with your tuning, you can always go back to that file and start tuning again from that known good file.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinbender59 View Post
    The current question is? Do i start with speed density, or CALC VET?? I can go either way, just need advice
    There is no right or wrong answer to that question. Personally, I like the MAF sensor... so I would do a CALC VET. If you don't like the MAF sensor and want to run speed density, then just do the VE table and disable the MAF. The decision on what to tune is entirely up to you.

Thank you statesman for that clarification! I've been going in circles with this. I like the idea behind MAF, so yes ill keep it. CALC.VET it is.

You can also choose to do CALC.VET with CL/trims disabled, and use wideband only (use CALC.WO2BEN instead of CALC.SELBEN).

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast