Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Start over,

Joecar, I have been analyzing the poop!! out of this mess, and I think that I have a solid theory, if there is such a thing?

I have had the injectors out 5 times now, the last time i was kind of half paying attention to the seating of the bottom "O" rings. Now that I reanalyze (play it back in my head) i do not remember #7 seating! Maybe I'm making things up? But I will get into it and verify that all injectors seat without a doubt.

If I'm correct it would explain everything that I've been fighting, will not idle down, bad IAC codes, bad MAF codes, and of course the missfires at 2000 to 2500.

Sounds plausible.

When I'm not paying attention, stuff like that churns in the back of my mind, so I have to pull it all apart and redo it.

Sorry for the long absence, my buddy had 2 rods start knocking in his 7.4 so we pulled it and refreshed it. Now I'm back on the trail of this missfire issue. I've moved coils, wires, #4 injector, still getting missfires on 4&7. I did reset the FPR to 58#, then vacuum referenced it (runs better). But still getting the same issue, 4&7??? Tomorrow, if the weather cooperates I'll check the wiring again. This is getting border line crazy!! Any ideas at all. I don't care how crazy it sounds at this point.

Hum just watched a video. Spark plugs and may have an issue???

I am getting a flashing CEL light, I am 3000++ missfires on#7, about 1/4th that on #4 in 6 miles. I did hear back fires in the LH head exhaust today. ( My exhaust pipes cross sides, the way I built it) I have swapped injectors, coils, wires, plugs, reverified coil and injector to ECM wiring compression checked it (150#) . Nothing effects it?? All I can come up is intake gaskets or a blockage in the intake??? Ya got any ideas??? I'm not sure if I want to keep this motor anymore��

I am getting a flashing CEL light, I am 3000++ missfires on#7, about 1/4th that on #4 in 6 miles. I did hear back fires in the LH head exhaust today. ( My exhaust pipes cross sides, the way I built it) I have swapped injectors, coils, wires, plugs, reverified coil and injector to ECM wiring compression checked it (150#) . Nothing effects it?? All I can come up is intake gaskets or a blockage in the intake??? Ya got any ideas??? I'm not sure if I want to keep this motor anymore��

My Dyno guy just told me that the injector connectors are a known problem on the LS style motors???? I guess I will be changing to EV1 injectors (I have a set of 36# "real" Bosh units, not the cheap knock off's) onwards I will trod. P.S. I do have an adjustable regulator, so I can drop the pressure to 45#??? If I'm remembering right???

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tinbender59 View Post
    P.S. I do have an adjustable regulator, so I can drop the pressure to 45#??? If I'm remembering right???
    No, don't drop the fuel pressure... it won't help with the misfires.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tinbender59 View Post
    I have swapped injectors, coils, wires, plugs, reverified coil and injector to ECM wiring compression checked it (150#) . Nothing effects it??
    What plugs are you using now, and what are they gapped at?

What wires are you using now, and what are their resistances?

NGK, I've had trouble with AC center electrode vaporizing, so I don't usually run them. I'll have to look at them for the number, I Gap at 0.045,. Resistance???? Hum?? Now that's an idea!!! I'll let you know.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast