Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July 2018, Beta Update #2

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default July 2018, Beta Update #2

ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE
    We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFILive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFILive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

The current public release is available here.

Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.21 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.17 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • Boot Block: V2.07.008 (Jul 04, 2018) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    • Firmware: V2.07.134 (Jul 06, 2018) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Download here:
    Known Issues:
    Issue #1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:
    Adding a key to the [Remote] section of a tune file is only active for the following controllers: LS1B, E38, E40, E54, E60 and E67.
    Workaround:
    None.
    Support for additional controllers will be added in a future update.
    Last edited by Blacky; August 2nd, 2018 at 04:16 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Paul would fix issue #1 please. That's been on there long enough LOL
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

I mean, V8 has only been in development for... 10 years? LOL One day....
    Last edited by LunchBox; July 10th, 2018 at 01:54 AM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I'm glad you've got a sense of humor about it.
    But seriously I know it's been far too long, working my ass off to get it done.
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I'm glad you've got a sense of humor about it.
    But seriously I know it's been far too long, working my ass off to get it done.
    Paul
    It'll be worth it in the end!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

first bug. When NEVER installing drivers for a v2 unit on a new machine, but you put in the license details so it is not in demo mode, and try to open up a calibration for the first time, it will Lock up the software. Then in the BACKGROUND that you can not see, will be a window box that complains about a missing driver. This is opening Efilive scan and tune. V8..

It fails at the time when the V8 software pulls the usb for a efilive cable.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Second bug. When reading out a 2007 lml vin number 1GCHG396171204317 flashed into it. All stock ecm. The software reads out fine. But when efi does the blend to add in the missing parts to the binary, it fails with a window saying, "cannot merge calibrations with CPU system file" , then it points to my configuration folder looking for Z00.EXT
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Anyone hit a $0371 flashing error "Transfer Suspended ($71)."?? or am I the lucky first one?

On a CMD controller too... just for the added info. working on retrieving trace files right now to submit

hmm that same one is coming up here on cm2350b

Updating to the beta release fixed the issue for us. It was remote customer, he was on the last version of the beta software •EFILive V8 software: V8.2.16 instead of •EFILive V8 software: V8.2.17 so once we updated boot block, firmware and all that along with THIS software release, the problem went away and we were able to successfully flash this truck. Everything good so far!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast