Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: July 2018, Beta Update #2

Hey guys having a little trouble out in the field. I will try nd give you the facts as I know them. I sent my V2 to a friend back up in Indiana ( I know ) His work owned laptop did not allow him to Install. Got with Admin and approved. Downloaded Beta 8.2.17 and then updated the firmware. Laptop will connect to V2 but not forward to PCM. just as EXT . V2 will BBX into PCM , Datalog, Read but when trying to write get $06FF backed out and tried to write in 7.5 and 8 again no luck so loaded up on the V2 and the same Checksum error. Jesse remoted in on the original (Work ) Laptop and thought there was a clamp on the USB? So off he goes and buys a new Laptop and Installs 8.2.16 still gets no comms in pass thru . and $06ff. If I can get some help with the Checksum error we should be able to move forward using the V2 to load? Obviously time is a major factor hence him having my V2 overnighted and new laptop and all. Never seen anything like it.

Thanks for the help today Jesse!

Ok what ECM type is this? Based on the error there is every chance if it is a GM gas ECM the ECM already has a tune in there from another tuner that messes with how the checksum are calculated. We see this a bit and it is an easy fix.
    Would you be willing post the file up here? Or at least let us know the ECM type and the OS number of the file?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I posted the file last night I believe it said it was waiting for moderators approval? I will try again. Yes its a E67 OS 12632176 That someone had been in before so I believe you are 100% Correct. I will try to attach the cal in another reply as well as email it in. Thanks Ross!

Cal
    Attached Files Attached Files

Never mind sleep well! all is good. I did not do a good enough job explaining that the OBD cord does not plug directly into the PC.

I really appreciate the help from you all, Thanks!

Hard to follow where you are at with it all
    All good now?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12