Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Bata software security unlock

As long as EFILive has direct access to the ECM CAN bus then yes the unlock will work on 2018's.
    I don't know the specifics of the bypass solution presented above but essentially you are just wanting to connect to the CAN bus AFTER the Gateway module, if the bypass unlocks the module to allow additional OBD-II messages through then it might not still work (like the TIPM in the 2007-2012 is an issue as it does not pass-through all messages required for unlocking).
    I don't know if the plugs are suitable for the Ram but this seems like a better solution.
    https://zautomotive.com/product/double-bypass/
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ok thanks for replying guess will find out it it sounded promising by it's details.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Tuning by Zack StarLite diesel

I tried hooking up to 2 newer dodges and it was saying I needed the unlock cable. I have everything up to date. What can I do?

Cliff

Cliff, sorry but you are going to have to elaborate on what happened.
    1 - What software release are you running? Because this function is only beta versions, not in any stable public release.
    2 - The software does not have a message to say you need 'an unlock cable', or did you get the $0340 error at the end?
    3 - What year models were the trucks? Currently the OBD-II unlock is only for 2013+ if you are on the vehicle.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I'm running the latest beta software and it comes up the 0349 on the oct of 12 bulid date and I need a unlock cable for the 13

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalt50 View Post
    I'm running the latest beta software and it comes up the 0349 on the oct of 12 bulid date and I need a unlock cable for the 13
    Did you mean $0340?

Beta 3 is the latest release for unlocking, note this also includes a fix to get around an issue that came up if the ECM had been previously unlocked with the BullyDog cable. Is that the one you are running?

The unlocking will not work if the ECM is not 100% functional (eg, failed flash).
    Once you've confirmed you are running Beta 3, with Firmware updated you will need to recover the ECM with a stock file (so the $0340 doesn't happen), then attempt to flash your modified tune again.
    If it still does not work for you then you will need to Email some trace files to support@efilive.com or post them in here and I can take a look.

Yeah 0340. And ok I'll make sure I have the newest version and try again and let you know

Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by easymon View Post
    Will this work on the complex 2018 Cummins pickup. Or only 13-17

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    I tuned my late 2017 and a 14 with the new beta software super easy smooth I have to tune a 18 in the next two weeks and seems to me there is a possibility of the need for a gateway module bypass but also possibility of it being in my personal truck too and was informed that it will not cause any issues with the download will just tell you you are unable to link with ecm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the 2018 (or anything with the gateway module) you will get a message on screen that says "Security Status Unknown". And then it doesn't let you attempt to flash the ECM anyway so nothing will happen it will just error out and the truck will be as it was.
    There seems to be patch harness out there to get around this module, if you just Google 'Dodge gateway module bypass' you should get some hits.

I just tried on 2 different trucks tonight and each time it says cant be read through pass through mode. Please help with any ideas one trucks is leaving soon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast