Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lc-1 help plz.

Default lc-1 help plz.

Ok so. I have the yellow wire in terminal C. Green and white are in terminal D. and brown wire in E. I am using a cigret liter plug for the power, witch i have the red wire hoked too. I have the Blue wire hooked to the ground of the Cigret lighter. I had to get an addapter hookup for the serial port to the back of the laptop. And i Get please connect the device to a serial port and turn it on. Any ideas?

Not to be a wise ass and I'm not the world's greatest electrician but...
    Green & white are to go to chassis ground. Another wire from where the green & white are grounded should then come to "D" of the plug. Yellow and brown can go to either C or E if you are running 2 wideband sensors. I'm only using 1 sensor and my yellow is hooked to "E" EXT AD1

Blue goes to a separate chassis ground different than the green and white location and the red goes to a switched source of voltage.

Is that how you have it wired? Is the cigarette lighter switched or a full time hot lead?

I don't think the green and white go to the "D" of the plug, but I could be wrong.

Elmer
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust

it is a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by killaz
    it is a switch.
    Ok, how about the rest of the wires?

Elmer

It may be best to not ground the green or white wires to chassis or to any other grounds;
    connect either of them directly to pin D on the FlashScan;

I found my LC-1 works best like this.

showpost.php?p=20320&postcount=67

LC1 USB serial adapters are a little messy. Check with efilive scanner.
    I had to enter the lc1 monitoring software first, that allowed me to chose the serial port. I then could use the calibration software to see the LC1. I couldnt just go straight to calibration.

Anyway, you dont need to do anything to it as its setup to work out of the box with efilive, you can just check your wiring and start scanning with it, see if it semi tracks the narrow band, or gives 14.7:1 in closed loop.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

how do i enter the lc1 monitoring software in the scan tol? can anyone tell me how they have there lc1 wired in to the black box? I still got nothing? Any ideas?

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Green white go to D? Ok, then this instruction from the LC-1 Installation Tutorial from the EFILive board (Same PDF that Doc shows in the reply above this) is not correct?

I'm trying to wire my crap up and I followed these instructions exactly. If they are wrong, then they shouldn't be showing. If I need to go back in and rewire this crap again, I will be frustrated and slightly miffed.

Where is the ground being picked up?

The instructions say 2 instances of chassis ground. Green & White and a separate location away from the G&W for the heater ground blue wire.

The instructions explicitly then show a Black wire FROM the G&W ground location to terminal D.

The attachment is page 5 of the instructions. On page 4 of the same instructions that Doc linked to, shows this:

1. LC-1 Analog out:
    Connect the LC-1 yellow to either the c or e location of the flashscan external connector. C or E are on the outside locations of the three-wire connector

2.Signal Ground
    Connect from ther LC-1 Green and White wire's ground connection to the D location of the EFILive External connector. D is in the middle of the 3-wire connector.

3. System Ground:
    The LC-1 Blue Wire should be connected to a shassis ground separate from the signal location.

3. is the top line of text in my attachment.

Elmer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greenwhite.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	716  
    Last edited by eboggs_jkvl; June 25th, 2006 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
    Where is the ground being picked up?

The instructions say 2 instances of chassis ground. Green & White and a separate location away from the G&W for the heater ground blue wire.

The instructions explicitly then show a Black wire FROM the G&W ground location to terminal D.
    At the bottom of picture 7 is says:
    Note: The green wire used in Picture 7 is connected to Yellow wire “Analog Out 1” from LC-1 and is connected to the FlashScan Pin E {EXT.AD1}. The black wire is connected to same Signal ground location as the LC-1 (Green, White wire) and is connected to the FlashScan Pin D “Common Analog Ground”.
    Jason [the writer] used a black wire to connect the LC-1 green/white to FlashScan pin D.

As for ground (battery negative), this is where the LC-1 blue wire goes; it not only is ground for the heater circuit, but it also is ground the the LC-1 power circuit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast