Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lc-1 help plz.

I updated my previous link showpost.php?p=20320&postcount=67 to show where the FlashScan fits in.

If your LC-1 is functioning correctly, then wiring it this way is very simple and will work
    (ignore the connectors and just wire direct without connectors to get it working;
    connect LC-1 red and blue directly to battery temporarily just to get it working;
    do not leave it connected to the battery like this, it will drain it).

Before I installed mine, I bench wired it as follows:
    LC-1 red to battery positive
    LC-1 blue to battery negative
    LC-1 brown or yellow to FlashScan D or E
    LC-1 green or white to FlashScan D

I connected the serial link and terminator, and verified the voltage I programmed in was comming out
    (measured using DMM and EFILive software).

I also wired the LED and pushbutton together in parallel, and connected all this as follows:
    LC-1 black to LED anode
    LC-1 white to LED cathode

I then verified that the LED flashed/lit as specified, and that the pushbutton initiated calibration.

In my final installation my LC-1 red and blue are connected to power and ground via the NBO2 connector;
    I was able to avoid chassis ground altogether.

If your LC-1 fails the bench programming test, then it could be defective (Innovate had a bad batch back then);

If you ever shorted the brown or yellow wires to any other wires or to ground,
    then your LC-1 is broken and will fail the bench programming test;

do not try to flash the LC-1 firmware and this is very likely to break the LC-1.
    Last edited by joecar; June 25th, 2006 at 08:22 AM.

Well, I probably now have blown up the LC connector and wasted my money. I still read the sentence "The black wire is connected to same Signal ground location as the LC-1 (Green, White wire) and is connected to the FlashScan Pin D “Common Analog Ground”." as green and white to chassis ground and the black wire from the same termination point back to the "D" terminal.
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust

If the LC-1 black wire is shorted to either the LC-1 green/white or to ground, then the LC-1 stays in calibration mode, it should not damage the LC-1; when you disconnect the LC-1 black, the LC-1 should finish calibration and be ready to operate (it's black but it's not a ground).

The black wire referred to in the tutorial seems to be a length of wire used to connect LC-1 green/white to FlashScan.

If you think your LC-1 is defective/damaged, contact Innovate and see if they'll repair it for you (they did this for me after I tried flashing it).

I fully understand that the black wire in the picture is not used to depict a "normal ground" color. I look at this picture from the Innovate handbook and remain confused. To me, it shows the G&W wires tied to a chassis ground. Screw it. I'm going to go watch world cup for a while.

WHen I start the car, my red LED blinks for 20 seconds or so and then goes to a steady "lit" condition.

Elmer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greenwhite2.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	717  
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
    I fully understand that the black wire in the picture is not used to depict a "normal ground" color. I look at this picture from the Innovate handbook and remain confused. To me, it shows the G&W wires tied to a chassis ground. Screw it. I'm going to go watch world cup for a while.

WHen I start the car, my red LED blinks for 20 seconds or so and then goes to a steady "lit" condition.

Elmer
    Elmer,
    Don't pay too much attention to Innovate's connection "idea", it's not very good (in my opinion) when using the LC-1 to emulate the 4-wire NBO2 sensor (F-body and Y-body).

Blink 20 seconds and then steady, that means it should be working, you're ready to go.

Enjoy the game.

Joe
    Last edited by joecar; June 25th, 2006 at 08:57 AM.

aight thx slom, ill be home in like 1 hour ill give it a try

all i can get is please plug in your LC-1 and power it on. I have it hooked up like loecar says. I have tried 2 serial usb adapters and still nothing. Terminator plug is in ect ect. What am i missing?

have you tried verifying the USB/Serial device settings? Have you verified it works at all?

I bought the cheapest USB to serial dongle I could find, loaded the included software to my laptop, and everything worked fine.

i installed the CD that it came with. Then pluged it in assunming it would work?? When i plug the USB in the computer CHIMES but it still says "please plug in your LC-1 and power it on" How do activate it?

Quote Originally Posted by killaz
    i installed the CD that it came with. Then pluged it in assunming it would work?? When i plug the USB in the computer CHIMES but it still says "please plug in your LC-1 and power it on" How do activate it?
    If your LC-1 is getting at least 12V across the red/blue wires, and you have the terminator plugged into the SERIAL IN connector, then your LC-1 might be defective or broken.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast