Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E92 tuning tutorial?

Lifetime Member

A tutorial would be great. I'd offer to assist with writing it but you really don't want that . I've been gleaning information from different posts, but that only gets you so far. What I've gotten from my efforts so far is about a mile per gallon better on average, and a new high highway mileage of 22.5MPG on the 400 mile eco-scale the Tahoe has, which is pretty danged good for a 5300lb brick with 4.11 rear gears. It's better than the vehicle's original lifetime max MPG of 20.2, which is what it showed when I bought it. The gallons vs miles calculation showed the same as the average, within a couple of tenths. Under WOT I'm shifting at around 5800RPM but I'm getting a double-tap effect on the shift under WOT that I don't get if I hold off WOT just a bit. It seems like it's learning some though, because it's not as bad as it was when I first put this program in. It's still far from perfect but I'm liking it a lot more than I was. It really moves out for such a large brick.

I'm not at a point where I need someone to look for problems yet, mainly my problem is not really knowing what needs to be messed with. However, if anyone wants to see what I've done so far I don't mind loading it in.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Telco View Post
    However, if anyone wants to see what I've done so far I don't mind loading it in.
    Yeah, I'd like to see what you've done so far. Post your original tune file as well as your current tune file.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by statesman View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to see what you've done so far. Post your original tune file as well as your current tune file.
    Here ya go, bone stock tunes and what I currently have loaded.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12