Thread: 2012 6.7 tuning question concerning deletes...

Default 2012 6.7 tuning question concerning deletes...

So my egr cooler decided to die and caused all sorts of problems, didn't help that an injector died at the same time 100 miles from home pulling a 32ft gooseneck trailer.
    I bit the bullet and deleted the egr and now finally the dpf. I was under the impression that my efi live software would allow me to turn off the system but either it doesn't or I cant seem to figure it out. I only see the egr section in the tuning area and it has 3 maps in it along with two other 2 dimensional graphs. I have tried setting the 3 graphs to the max stock value and also zeroing them out. as soon as I removed the exhaust though my "service exhaust system see dealer now" message comes up on my dash and wont go away. does anyone have a tune they've created that has their's deleted already they'd like to sell? or can someone direct me on how to do it myself?
    To Live, To Serve...

not looking for hp tuning right now just drivability, this is my work truck and I need it to run. I'm concerned with limp mode happening when I'm towing so to keep the truck cool for now I have removed the thermostat which when unloaded is keeping it cool but its 97-102 here in tx and with that 32ft trailer loaded with peoples stuff it could get warm quick.
    To Live, To Serve...

EFI LIVE software does not support deletes on 2010+ Cummins trucks. You need 3rd party software and the know how to do it. Easiest and quickest way would be to buy tune from one of the reputable tuners.
    Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
    Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD

Just found a guy with a new smarty junior that fits and does deletes for both, just bought it like 2 sec ago
    To Live, To Serve...