Thread: New to the Duramax but not to EFI LIVE Help

Default New to the Duramax but not to EFI LIVE Help

Ok. Got a little problem. I bought a 2009 lmm with 83k miles on it a couple weeks ago. I'm trying to install EFI live on it from Ridge Runner, and getting code error 0537 which is locked ECM. I talked to the previous owner before I bought the truck and specifically asked him if it ever had a tune on it. He told me no. All the EGR, Cat and DPF was still on the truck. I removed the DPF and Cat yesterday. I can here the EGR turning off and on so I know it's not shut off. My truck is my daily driver so I really don't wanna send the ECM in to get it unlocked, but looking like I might have to. Any suggestions?? Thanks

PS the autocal did read and save the tune that was on the truck.

All LBZ, LMM and LML ECM's are only locked from a read if flashed with the Anti-Read Patch when flashing a EFI-Live File into any of those ecm's.

In 10+ years I have never encountered any LBZ, LMM or LML report a $0537 code on a flash.

If the ecm can be read out, it is not locked, I m not sure how a custom key gets set on a LMM, I can send you a file with a few changes to try alternate keys and assume the lock may be faulty.

PM me your email, or call my shop 854-444-2874 and Vince will help you with the issue.

An updated file has been sent to Vince for your Autocal
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    All LBZ, LMM and LML ECM's are only locked from a read if flashed with the Anti-Read Patch when flashing a EFI-Live File into any of those ecm's.

In 10+ years I have never encountered any LBZ, LMM or LML report a $0537 code on a flash.

If the ecm can be read out, it is not locked, I m not sure how a custom key gets set on a LMM, I can send you a file with a few changes to try alternate keys and assume the lock may be faulty.

PM me your email, or call my shop 854-444-2874 and Vince will help you with the issue.

An updated file has been sent to Vince for your Autocal
    Hey Vince. It's Michael we talked on the phone this morning and you walked me through the steps with my laptop. Thank you.