Thread: COS5 N2O Timing Table Activation Limits

Default COS5 N2O Timing Table Activation Limits

Can someone confirm that with LS1B COS5, the N2O "pull timing" feature/table.... that when the pin56 signal is present it pulls that timing value from the final timing value always? Or does it follow the MAP/RPM thresholds that you can set for activation also? Sorry if this is not totally clear, I don't have the software in front of me. Long story short, looking into possibly using the N2O features as a meth system failsafe to increase fuel and pull timing, should it trigger.

From what I can gather from reading the table descriptions, it sounds like in a failsafe situation, it would pull xx degrees of timing all the time, even at idle/cruise. It would be sweet if it follows the same thresholds that the N2O VE table apparently has where the additional/less fuel only occurs above a certain RPM/MAP threshold.

Thanks guys!

OK let me clarify a little better now that I'm home.

A0015 is the N2O Monitor VE Multiple table
    A0016 is the N2O Monitor Timing Table
    A0017 is N2O Monitor VE Multiplier Table RPM Enable
    A0018 is N2O Monitor VE Multiplier Table MAP Enable

Is my assumption correct that A0016 is always applied when there is a signal on pin 56, but A0015 is only applied when there is a signal on pin 56 AND A0017 and A0018 are met/exceeded? The descriptions seem to indicate this, but not totally clear and I just wanted to confirm.

Thanks

bump

Found a thread where Joe posted COS5.txt and it seems to indicate A0017 and A1018 enable tables also apply to A0016 timing table (and A0015 VE table). Which is it? I'm hopeful that the text file notes are correct, which means it should also function as a good meth/wmi injection failsafe.

N20 monitor is done via the same input as the Valet mode;
    once it is grounded then the two compensation tables become active, although,
    there are two parameters to stop those two tables even if the N20 is on (A0017, A0018);
    timing retard from A0016 will only function when table B5956 has a multiplier value of 1.00.

Let me check on A0016.

It is literally 12 years ago I even thought about this , I don't even have the source code for these custom OS's on my PC now (many PC's have been replaced since we did these).
    Without digging up a backup from somewhere I am sure it as you described it is correct, "A0016 will only function when table B5956 has a multiplier value of 1.00." The A0017 and A0018 qualifiers for the VE table are not applicable to the timing changes.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    It is literally 12 years ago I even thought about this , I don't even have the source code for these custom OS's on my PC now (many PC's have been replaced since we did these).
    Without digging up a backup from somewhere I am sure it as you described it is correct, "A0016 will only function when table B5956 has a multiplier value of 1.00." The A0017 and A0018 qualifiers for the VE table are not applicable to the timing changes.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, the naming of the tables and table descriptions seem to indicate that. That little notes/text file that Joe has posted a few times (no idea on its origin) just contradicted it and made me think. I'll just give it a quick test myself when I get around to installing it. Thanks again.

COS5.txt
    Last edited by aaronc7; July 23rd, 2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: file uploaded