Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto VE Twin Turbo 5.3

Default Auto VE Twin Turbo 5.3

Greg Shaw asked me to start this new thread and Greg, I greatly appreciate your help. First of all I am using the engine from a 99 Chevrolet Silverado. The ECM from a 2001 I believe with a custom operating system. I am, because of budget, using decapped stock injectors. I am not sure if the IFR is set correctly. I'm guessing no. I also do not have a boost referenced regulator. Stock silverado fuel pressure regulator. 3 bar map sensor. No MAF. Only running an IAT sensor in the intake. Twin 72/68 turbos and yes it is laggy but I'm going to cut it down to one turbo shortly. Other than that I believe it is all stock. I am slowly, and I mean real slowly learning the Auto VE and so far I am really enjoying it. I would never try it on someone elses vehicle but I need to learn how to use it and be effective with it on my own cars. I am using an innovate wide band . I believe it is the LC-1. While cruising it is running at 10.5 afr with this tune. When I start to get into the throttle it shoots to 9.5 and starts to fall on its face obviously. I have leaned it out and went back and forth with it but I need to get it right. I also, using a wide open throttle switch have meth injection available but it is entirely too much and makes it way rich. I will try to answer all questions with the best of my ability but I am limited to the fact that I do not have the internet so I will check it when I can. I appreciate anyone willing to look at this and any advice given. Attached is the latest tune and datalog. I am trying to learn the whole copy and paste deal at the moment. I'm not sure if it looks right on the ve map after I pasted it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm no master tuner, I just got my wideband working today with my v2. Your wideband is not working in your log, ve data is no good. I would also be carefull rolling into boost, you have alot of knock retard. you will have to configure your v2 or v1 to view wideband data. you will also have to configure your lc-1 also. you will have to get injector data right before doing anything, I had to add b9021 to get my injector data right.

+1 I agree with GMTECH4, your wideband signal is not working.

+1 VE table is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTECH4 View Post
    I'm no master tuner, I just got my wideband working today with my v2. Your wideband is not working in your log, ve data is no good. I would also be carefull rolling into boost, you have alot of knock retard. you will have to configure your v2 or v1 to view wideband data. you will also have to configure your lc-1 also. you will have to get injector data right before doing anything, I had to add b9021 to get my injector data right.
    I didnt catch the wideband not working. I think that's the first time i've not seen it work so I'm not sure what happened but I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    +1 VE table is wrong.
    I believe you, but is it wrong because of the way I have it setup or because of the injector data causing a problem? Just having a hard time figuring out what it is supposed to look like.

So I have a new problem. I have discovered that when I select the pid external wideband controller, the wideband information comes up like it should but I am using a LC2. When selecting Base Efficiency Numerator 1 - LC1 LS1 style and then select the same in the map properties, it doesnt recognize my wideband. I went through the wideband setup procedure again and set it up according to the LC1 instructions but still no luck. I cannot get the ben map to work correctly. I'm not sure what direction to go from here.

Does the pid EXT.WO2LAM1 show data when you log with LC-2 connected....?

What does the pid EXT.WO2ST1 show...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Does the pid EXT.WO2LAM1 show data when you log with LC-2 connected....?

What does the pid EXT.WO2ST1 show...?
    It's showing lambda but I know I set up the LC2 for AFR. Or should I have changed something elsewhere and didnt catch it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180723_171643.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	22281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180723_171400.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	22282  

Select the either one of the following sets of pids:
    - EXT.WO2LAM1, GM.EQIVRATIO, CALC.WO2BEN;
    - EXT.WO2AFR1, GM.AFR, CALC.BEN1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast