Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help creating calc.PID's for AEM 30-0300

Default Help creating calc.PID's for AEM 30-0300

Hey guys, new here.. and new to tuning. Trying to get the correct PID's written for my WB, and having some issues. I'm still fairly new to tuning so I'm hoping I can get some help.

I have the AEM 30-0300 WB installed in my truck. I am trying to set up to run analog through the A1 port of my v2. I have found similar PID's that get me close, but not all calc's are working. Trying to get it set up to where I can do the Calc.VET tuning tomorrow, and have been able to get the WB reading on the software, but cant get a proper calc.ben equation. If someone could do me a huge favor and figure up the equations to get my AEM running properly, that would be awesome!

Sorry for the noob first post..

-Casey

Post your user manual pdf.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Post your user manual pdf.
    http://www.aemelectronics.com/files/...ns/30-0300.pdf

here you go, Joe.

I have a recent calc pid for it in another thread on the forum, I just have to find it.

( cool, I noticed it has canbus ability, FSV2 will be able to use this soon )

I have a recent calc pid for it in another thread on the forum, I just have to find it.

Appreciate the reply. I know in the thread directly below this, you helped with a calc.pid file for the AEM 30-4900. I tried to use that list but couldn't get it to work.

I'm new to tuning myself, trying to dial in my RAFPN/RAFIG and then perform a calc.VET on my '03 silverado lm7 with headers, MIT tube, LT's with ORY, cam'd and stalled. It currently had a mail order tune from a reputable company, but I just want to tweak it and get it dialed in perfectly.

From my countless hours of reading and reasearching the forums, it seems like you're one for he guys to go to when it involved pid's and general knowledge, so I really appreciate you responding!

-Casey

Casey,

In that thread, see post #11, copy the calc_pids.txt file that is attached there

post #11

It's too hard to do on my phone, so tomorrow I'll merge the above calc pid into the Calc.VET calc_pids.txt file.

It's too hard to do on my phone, so tomorrow I'll merge the above calc pid into the Calc.VET calc_pids.txt file.
    Awesome Joe, Thank you. I have those PID's in my calc.pid list, I was having trouble getting all of the PID's to validate. I will try it today and see if I can get it to work appropriately.

Lifetime Member

Hate to say it Joe, but actually this unit will not be able to use the FSV2 CAN bus logging. Until the 30-0333 (and upcoming 30-0334) unit, AEM used their proprietary AEMnet CAN protocol (30-0300 included). So you can link it to other AEM products that use the same protocol, but not via OBDII logging.

Also, from what I've read and been told, you cannot have both AEMnet and CAN/OBDII protocols active on the same unit at the same time. The 30-0333/4 units do not support AEMnet, but support CAN/OBDII. (I believe they're all the same hardware, just with different firmwares flashed. I cannot confirm this, nor do I believe AEM will allow the end-user to flash their own firmwares.)
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by chambiec1 View Post
    Awesome Joe, Thank you. I have those PID's in my calc.pid list, I was having trouble getting all of the PID's to validate. I will try it today and see if I can get it to work appropriately.
    The pids that don't validate (have a red X thru them), on the pid do rightclick->More Info to see what other pids it depends on, go and select/validate those also.

Post screenshots if you get stuck.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast