Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM2350B error $0312

Default CM2350B error $0312

Hi, I have a cm2350b and when flashing now I'm getting a error $0312.

This is a bench unit and flash it at least 10 times with another V2
    I doubt it is the V2 , I can read OBD info all ok, but maybe I brick this ecm
    Using Ver 8.2.15
    If you could review the attach trace , I rename the file from htx to txt to upload to forum
    Thank you

The ECM is not transitioning in to bootmode which is what needs to happen when these are flashed. The error relates to EFILive attempting to do something that can only be done when the ECM is in bootmode and it is rejecting the request.
    Maybe just try updating to the Beta version linked to below (V8.2.17).

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-Beta-Update-2

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I did all the update software and V2, no more error 312 , but now new error
    "Script exited with code $0371: Transfer Suspended ($71)."

the green bar went to the end then the error msg appears. IMPORTANT can only reproduced now on a modified file , original file download is ok 100%
    Can't attach the trace and the ctz file used because of website limitation , can I email directly to you ?
    Thanks

Default More info

Hi, more info on this issue, the cme ecm I used was only used for diagnostic on customer pickup where we doubt the calibration or ecm could be a problem. It has been flash multiple time but only with original file.
    Well that's what I thought until I found out that someone at the shop borrow it to diagnose a friend truck and they use a unlocker by J1939 , then re-install a original file in it.
    So I guess the ecm is not as the same as before and efilive software is maybe perceiving this or getting non expected data .
    So right now I can flash with efilive ver.8.2.17 any original file but when trying a mod file the download process is reaching 100% but end with a error message $0371, re-flashing again with a original file work 100%. I guess I'm good to buy another cme ecm for my diagnostic.

That is quite odd.
    Normally with these Cummins ECM's if they are not happy with the file being flashed (eg, security not disabled on a modified tune or file corrupted) they will fail with an $0340 Download not accepted error.
    The $0371 is a bit of a mystery error code, it is the one the ECM sends when something has gone wrong but there was no specific error for the fault.
    Normally that would not happen with a modified tune (it would be an $0340), so it is very strange the stock file is happily accepted but the modified tune is not and it is not setting an $0340 fault.

Before you turn that ECM in to a door stop we do have another update coming this week that should assist those who are in a bit of trouble with ECM's that have been unlocked with a BD in the past. There was nothing particularly wrong with what they did we just needed to accommodate for some changes they make so our unlock still works.

EDIT: Update to try posted in this thread.
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-Beta-Update-3

Cheers,
    Ross
    Last edited by GMPX; August 2nd, 2018 at 04:28 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

FYI
    Hi, installed the beta 3 update, same condition. New info when I flash a CSP file it download ok , no error , reflash a original file download ok, reflash a modified file it fail again with error 71 , and reflash again with CSP file no error . I guess there is a internal problem on this ecm.

The file that errors with $0371, is it the same one you are trying over and over or is there several modified files you are trying?
    A CSP5 file is about as modified as they come and the ECM is accepting that ok so I doubt the ECM has an internal issue. And given the ECM accepts the CSP5 tune that confirms there is no lingering issue with the anti-tuning security on the ECM.

The files that get the error 71 are with 1 parameter change only to many maps changes, also tried diff. OP system. I understand that the CSP file is a heavily modified one but it download ok

Quote Originally Posted by modpcm View Post
    1 parameter change only to many maps changes
    Changes within EFILive or an external editor?

All within EFILive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast