Hello, I'm trying to flash a GM diesel with my V2 using EFI Live V8. I don't use it often & last time was this past February (without problems). When I connected it today I first checked for & installed updates just fine. I then tried to check firmware & get the following error message.

No FlashScan device connected.
Please connect a FlashScan USB device.
If a FlashScan device is connected, ensure it is not being used by another application such as the EFILive V7.5 Scan or Tune Software.

In searching the forums I came across one similar to my situation & one post got my attention (post #14).
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-connect/page2
My device though has a back-lit screen, but no text (blank screen). This is while it is connected to the laptop, but once the OBD2 is connected to the vehicle, the text & options appear. I can't say this for sure as I wasn't expecting problems & not paying attention, but I thought I had text on the screen when I first connected to the laptop & before running updates. I may be wrong on that though.

I found something else in the forums saying install USB via the USB Driver Manager. When I tried to do so it wouldn't work because I have Windows XP yet (yes, I know it's old & dated, but it has still been working for me). I then tried to load the program on a newer laptop I have with Windows 8.1 Pro on it. When I went to install I was given this error message.

This app can't run on your PC
To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher.

Any help would be appreciated. I have to admit, I'm not very knowledgeable on computers (especially Windows) so I may have to ask dumb questions. Thanks in advance though.