Thread: Flashscan V2 no device connected

Default Flashscan V2 no device connected

Hello, I'm trying to flash a GM diesel with my V2 using EFI Live V8. I don't use it often & last time was this past February (without problems). When I connected it today I first checked for & installed updates just fine. I then tried to check firmware & get the following error message.

No FlashScan device connected.
    Please connect a FlashScan USB device.
    If a FlashScan device is connected, ensure it is not being used by another application such as the EFILive V7.5 Scan or Tune Software.

In searching the forums I came across one similar to my situation & one post got my attention (post #14).
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-connect/page2
    My device though has a back-lit screen, but no text (blank screen). This is while it is connected to the laptop, but once the OBD2 is connected to the vehicle, the text & options appear. I can't say this for sure as I wasn't expecting problems & not paying attention, but I thought I had text on the screen when I first connected to the laptop & before running updates. I may be wrong on that though.

I found something else in the forums saying install USB via the USB Driver Manager. When I tried to do so it wouldn't work because I have Windows XP yet (yes, I know it's old & dated, but it has still been working for me). I then tried to load the program on a newer laptop I have with Windows 8.1 Pro on it. When I went to install I was given this error message.

This app can't run on your PC
    To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher.

Any help would be appreciated. I have to admit, I'm not very knowledgeable on computers (especially Windows) so I may have to ask dumb questions. Thanks in advance though.

The Win-XP driver is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-XP-Vista-7

Try unplugging USB cable, wait a few seconds, replug USB cable back in.

I found my way into the Win-XP-Vista-7 folder. Is there supposed to be anything in there titled Win-XP? I don't have if so. I have 3 folders, 2 security catalogs, 2 set-up info, & 1 H file.

I've tried multiple times to uplug & reconnect the USB cable. All with no luck. When I connect the device/ cable I get an unusual sound. Hopefully this description makes sense- If the typical sound is dong-ding when you connect a device & ding-dong when unplugging, the noise I get when connecting the V2 is 3 QUICK dongs. Unplugging is the normal ding-dong.

Lifetime Member

Try the procedure on this webpage...

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answ...-windows-xp%3F

It's an Acer webpage, but this procedure will work on any XP machine.

Thanks for your help. Just did the procedure & it did find new hardware at start up. V2 works the same way after the restart though.

The guys at SoCal Diesel got it figured out for me. It was some sort of USB Driver issue with the FlashScan. Working now. Thanks for the help.