Thread: 08 C5500 DPF light and chime coming on

Default 08 C5500 DPF light and chime coming on

Hello, I recently performed a DPF and EGR delete for a friend on his C5500 and after 800 miles his DPF light came on and the chime would go off every 2 minutes. No engine or transmission codes. It had a stored BCM code U1016 for loss of communication with ECM which I suspect was from the flash when I loaded the tune. This vehicle has the regen button on the dash to allow for stationary regen. I first cleared the code in the BCM and the light went off until re started then came back on. I pressed and held the DPF button while cycling the key on and the light went out and has so far stayed off. I suspect the light will come back on though. Has anyone had this problem before? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

UPDATE... I drove the vehicle a few times and had the DPF light come back on.. I reset it like i had previously and drove it again. Within a mile the power down light came on and the vehicle was in limp mode. I would reset again and it would go out and return to normal for a minute or two.. then go back to limp mode, no codes in any modules and no DPF light. I reviewed data and found DPF soot level at 70g. I did a DPF reset which reduced soot load to 10g and it has been good since but I havnt had much drive time on it since. Honestly I haven't done much for tuning for the last 6 or 8 years but it doesn't seem to have all the features I remember, but maybe it's just this OS.... I did recently update when I added Cummins software.. dont know if that has anything to do with it???