Thread: No start

Default No start

I have an L77, a 6L80e, ECM and X1 and X2 connectors, all from the same vehicle, a 2011 VE Commodore, going into a kit car. Vats disabled and Mafless. No BCM. Auto sparky disabled Vats, tested ECM, and it started another auto vehicle.

I cannot get any signals from the ECM despite proper feeds to it, grounding and trans in Park. So no DLC readings and no fuel pump priming via pin 50. Battery and ignition feeds to ECM currently 12.6v. No crank when starter relay is wired via pin 52 to ECM, and grounded to chassis, but will crank but not start when starter relay is wired direct to column starter wire. Fuel pump operates but only with direct ignition feed to its relay.

Another auto sparky recently tested all wiring, injectors and coils, found no faults, but could not get start. New crankshaft and camshaft sensors, and new internal mode switch in trans. Auto trans 16 pin plug wired up, including battery, ignition and accessory feeds. Wire run between pin 3 on 16 pin plug to X1-1 on ECM. Presently reads 11.6v.

Any further wiring needed? Would wiring up a BCM make any difference?
    Last edited by BillB; August 12th, 2018 at 10:01 AM.

Check all grounds (there might be some that are missing).

Default No start

Thanks joecar. Checked that all harness black wires I can find have been grounded - still no start.
    Apart from no BCM, do not have a fuel flow control module; have just wired pin 50 direct to fuel pump relay. Would not have thought lack of that module likely to cause no signal from ECM to fuel pump relay?

When you jumper the fuel pump relay, does engine start...?

No, joecar. When I jumper, I can hear the fuel pump prime so I know relay and pump are fine, but still no engine start.

Do you think your tuner would be willing to give you the file he used to post up here just to make sure everything was done ok? The 2011 OS will need something done about the starter relay to allow the engine to run.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Don't know GMPX, but I will ask - thank you for responding.

Hi GMPX. All I've extracted from the tuner is a generic operating system suitable for a 2011 VE L77 with a 6L80e auto gearbox - don't know if that advances things or not!
    If not, is the way forward for me to buy some flashing equipment of my own, to try to identify the file used, and whether it was properly installed?

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Do you think your tuner would be willing to give you the file he used to post up here just to make sure everything was done ok? The 2011 OS will need something done about the starter relay to allow the engine to run.
    Hi GMPX, I now have the file and attached it below. I hope you can tell me something about how the starter relay needs to be configured.

2011 L77 A6 Base File.ctz