Thread: Engine torque model

Default Engine torque model

As most know these live on torque value's. They help idle,throttle response and power everywhere.
    My question which is your go-to table to adjust the torque model? Say you have idle torque hitting 100 and want to get it down to 0 for a better idle quality with a big cam?

I've tried many table's but they affect much more.

Pretty much what I expected. LOL I know nobody has the torque modeling mastered, I'm sure everyone does it there own way like myself. I've been retuning weekly shops doing torque reserve the wrong way around me. Would be nice just having 1 master table to control act tq1 and act tq2 output. That and have a solution to tune 17+ 8-10 speed transmissions.

Quote Originally Posted by slowhawk View Post
    That and have a solution to tune 17+ 8-10 speed transmissions.
    Not something we are working on any time soon (if ever) sorry. FWIW I hear there is a new TCM out for the 2019 transmissions (T87A gone), another nail in the GM tuning coffin.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Not something we are working on any time soon (if ever) sorry. FWIW I hear there is a new TCM out for the 2019 transmissions (T87A gone), another nail in the GM tuning coffin.
    Why not flash the 6.7 ford EDC17? You can use the ford bootloaders like everyone else does, and its EDC17.... It would be an easy add relative to other projects.

Well the 15 or so Cummins HD controllers we've added over the last year have kept us plenty busy
    Seems like anyone who gets involved with FORD tuning ends up in court
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Well the 15 or so Cummins HD controllers we've added over the last year have kept us plenty busy
    Seems like anyone who gets involved with FORD tuning ends up in court
    Ends up in court beating the absolute brakes off of bullies.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

LOL, take your pick, there's a few on the go I think as there has been in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by slowhawk View Post
    Pretty much what I expected. LOL I know nobody has the torque modeling mastered, I'm sure everyone does it there own way like myself. I've been retuning weekly shops doing torque reserve the wrong way around me. Would be nice just having 1 master table to control act tq1 and act tq2 output. That and have a solution to tune 17+ 8-10 speed transmissions.
    If you properly fix the both the dynair model and MAF model your torque values should be correct.....problem is "shops" don't know how the system works in its root form as it is.. once that is correct the other tables are for offsets and trimming based on varying conditions

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!