Thread: E78 - 2017 Sonic 1.4t Code 95 Code 84 on dash

Exclamation E78 - 2017 Sonic 1.4t Code 95 Code 84 on dash

Hello everybody,

Need some help here, just flashed a 2017 Sonic 1.4T and 2 things are happening, once I connect the efilive unit on the OBD and the engine is on the code 95 pops up on the dash and gauges shut down, traction control light on and some others on, well I have to do logs so i am kind of blind, checked logs all ok and then removed everything went for a drive and 100 mts driving and code 84 on the dash, try to check DTC's with efilive, everything is clean, used launch scanner and clean, any clues to what might be happening, there is no apparent power loss when code 84 pops up.

tahnks in advance,

Alejandro

Does it say "95" or "P0095" or "U0095"...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Does it say "95" or "P0095" or "U0095"...?
    Nope it's just a "dash" code i cannot find anything doing a full scan sweep. I attach the results after flashing which I cleared and instantly after driving code 84 on dash

https://imgur.com/a/SalVf64

Joe, I made a test I installed the file without any mods (not original from the read out) and 3 mins afterwards same error on dash 84 so it seems it is something while writting.

Does that error code go away...?

( during writing to the ECM, other modules can't talk on the CAN lan/bus, so they might emit a code (looks like dash did this) )

Does that error code go away...?

( during writing to the ECM, other modules can't talk on the CAN lan/bus, so they might emit a code (looks like dash did this) )
    Not at all drove it for a day with about 15 start/stop cycles to check and never went away.

Quote Originally Posted by sama13 View Post
    Hello everybody,

Need some help here, just flashed a 2017 Sonic 1.4T and 2 things are happening, once I connect the efilive unit on the OBD and the engine is on the code 95 pops up on the dash and gauges shut down, traction control light on and some others on, well I have to do logs so i am kind of blind, checked logs all ok and then removed everything went for a drive and 100 mts driving and code 84 on the dash, try to check DTC's with efilive, everything is clean, used launch scanner and clean, any clues to what might be happening, there is no apparent power loss when code 84 pops up.

tahnks in advance,

Alejandro
    Hi Alejandro,

Are you saying that just connecting the FSV2 to the OBD-II port causes dash to display code 95 and gauges shutdown...?

Are you sure your 2017 Sonic 1.4T has the E78 and not the E84 ECM (my 2017 Spark 1.4 uses the E84)...?

Please post a pic of your engine bay showing the ECM.

Hi Alejandro,

Are you saying that just connecting the FSV2 to the OBD-II port causes dash to display code 95 and gauges shutdown...?

Are you sure your 2017 Sonic 1.4T has the E78 and not the E84 ECM (my 2017 Spark 1.4 uses the E84)...?

Please post a pic of your engine bay showing the ECM.
    HI Joe,

When I connect it it literally goes dead and code 95 pops up after like 5 seconds.

Well the auto detect provided the E78, check this info I did a prtscr

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E78 Sonic.png 
Views:	287 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	22389
    I will take picture and post on monday

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

You could try removing* pin 1 from the FlashScan OBDII cable. That pin is not used (never will be) but it is connected through to FlashScan and on some vehicles, PIN 1 is the low speed CAN bus. Sometimes FlashScan may cause interference on that pin causing modules that communicate over the low speed CAN bus to set trouble codes. Pin 1 is labelled on the OBDII cable end.

First though, make sure you are using the latest boot block and firmware. Over the past few years we've updated the firmware to lessen the potential for interference on the low speed CAN bus.

*removing means actually physically cutting the pin out of the end of the OBDII cable.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    You could try removing* pin 1 from the FlashScan OBDII cable. That pin is not used (never will be) but it is connected through to FlashScan and on some vehicles, PIN 1 is the low speed CAN bus. Sometimes FlashScan may cause interference on that pin causing modules that communicate over the low speed CAN bus to set trouble codes. Pin 1 is labelled on the OBDII cable end.

First though, make sure you are using the latest boot block and firmware. Over the past few years we've updated the firmware to lessen the potential for interference on the low speed CAN bus.

*removing means actually physically cutting the pin out of the end of the OBDII cable.
    OK I will remove.

I have updated everything last week just to double check and same issue, instant issue when connecting will remove pin #1