Thread: Saving Maps?

Default Saving Maps?

I've been playing around with the scan tool making maps. I know I can save them individually once they are created, but is there any way to save what maps are displayed in the A to J positions? It seems sometimes I will create a map in one position, then close the scan tool and come back later and it will be gone. Other maps are still in the same spot though.

Are the positions saved with something else, such as log files, PID selections or dashboards?

Once you have created or loaded a map into a particular spot (A - J) then that map 'should' be there everytime you open the scantool.
    Try loading a MAP into a blank selection (A - J) and close the program down, then reopen it and see it the map is still assigned.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Once you have created or loaded a map into a particular spot (A - J) then that map 'should' be there everytime you open the scantool.
    Try loading a MAP into a blank selection (A - J) and close the program down, then reopen it and see it the map is still assigned.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Also, this will only work if you save them in the default MAP folder. If you save them to another folder other then this, when you open the scan tool, the corresponding maps for A-J will be blank if they weren't saved to the default folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Black02SS
    Also, this will only work if you save them in the default MAP folder. If you save them to another folder other then this, when you open the scan tool, the corresponding maps for A-J will be blank if they weren't saved to the default folder.
    Thats the answer then. When I would shut down the scan tool and then start it up again, not only was the map not in the same A-J location, I couldn't reload it either. Then I discovered that some of the maps were saving to the PID folder. All sorted now. Thanks for the help.