Thread: Tuning Help

Default Tuning Help

Hi Guys, I had a 5.3/4l60 in my Silverado and swapped to a LQ9/4l80 with a cam and 80lb injectors. Im needing to tune it for the cam and injectors as it will not idle, if anyone could guide me through what to do that'd be awesome. I have no problem paying someone for their time also, Thanks Guys
    Last edited by Akduramax; September 4th, 2018 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akduramax View Post
    Hi Guys, I had a 5.3/4l60 in my Silverado and swapped to a LQ9/4l80 with a cam and 80lb injectors. Im needing to tune it for the cam and injectors as it will not idle, if anyone could guide me through what to do that'd be awesome. I have no problem paying someone for their time also, Thanks Guys
    Hey, I'd probly start by posting your tune and fully describing your build, then, if you haven't read Idle Tips n tricks sticky by WeathermanShawn, I would suggest starting there(https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ips-amp-Tricks). Then move on to the Calc.Vet procedure(3rd Sticky down).

before starting any of this you need to make sure you have every single input for your 80lb injectors. I used to be active here about 2 years ago(3?) but life has been slowing me down pretty hard, but back then and I assume still, one of the biggest issues preventing people from getting their rides to idle and drive properly is the lack of true inputs on the injectors. Now, if you don't care about idle/driveability and just want the engine to belch a bunch of noise when the turbo kicks in, then just do some WOt tuning and be done, but otherwise theres tons of info on here and the two threads above will get you started.

Start by giving the above two threads several reads, grab a WB02(I use Innovates and its worked great for 7 years now), and take some data after you update your injector tables.

If your more into having someone else do the tuning professionally, while you collect the data, you may want to see if some of the guys on here would be interested. I can personally vouch for statesman's tuning expertise, not sure how busy he is these days though.

good luck bud.

Sorry, I just saw this thread...

do the following, as Jetmech said:

1. populate injector tables with correct injector data (measure your rail pressure with reference hose temporarily disconnected);

2. read first and then do this: Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log)

3. read and do this: Idle-Tips-amp-Tricks

4. redo steps 2 and 3 to refine solution.

For step 2, you might want to disable trims and use CALC.WO2BEN to correct the MAF table.

Which wideband are you going to use...?