Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: $06FF on an E38, no start and stuck in my driveway

I know this is an old thread but I'm currently having the same issue. I recently bought a Flashscan V2 and I scanned the tune off my E38. I know the tune that was on my E38 was a diablo custom tune. I took that tune and disabled one check engine light and tried to re flash the updated tune back to my ecu. I did a Full Flash. Should I have done a Cal flash? Either way I got the same error in the title and now my truck won't even try to start. What should I do? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Fly View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I'm currently having the same issue. I recently bought a Flashscan V2 and I scanned the tune off my E38. I know the tune that was on my E38 was a diablo custom tune. I took that tune and disabled one check engine light and tried to re flash the updated tune back to my ecu. I did a Full Flash. Should I have done a Cal flash? Either way I got the same error in the title and now my truck won't even try to start. What should I do? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Please retry the flash operation.

Tune files that have been incorrectly modified by other tuning packages may contain information that prevents the correct calculation of the checksum. Please open the tune file and search for calibration B9999 “Flash Checksum Fail Fix”. If that calibration exists, follow the instructions in that calibration’s description and then retry the flash operation.

I tried to search "B9999" and "Flash Checksum" on my version 7.5 tune tool while I had my tune open and nothing came up. Does this mean I'm out of luck??

-Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Fly View Post
    I tried to search "B9999" and "Flash Checksum" on my version 7.5 tune tool while I had my tune open and nothing came up. Does this mean I'm out of luck??

-Thanks!
    Maybe not send a email to support@efilive and see if they can do something

Email me direct if you want - ross@efilive.com
    It is Saturday in NZ so support@ won't be there.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

GMPX was able to get fixed up on the $06FF code, now my trucks runs again!! My next question is does this same issue happen with trans tunes? I read the TCU tune off the truck when I read the ECU tune off it and when I went to reflash the ECU after modifying the tune is when I had the $06FF code come up. Now I’m afraid to try to reflash the TCU after slight modifications until I know more about the $06FF issue. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Default 06FF checksum

Have 06FF for E67 crate engine.

Try loading stock file back in have same issue.

Any advice?

LSA original program_0001_injector_offest_test.ctz

Have you tried to search B9999 when in your tuning software? If you have and it does show up, there is instructions in the info window that tell you how to fix the issue. If it does not show up, try updating to the latest EFI Live software and trying again. When I had this issue and I searched B9999 nothing came up and I had to send my tune to GMPX to get it fixed. I later found out that I had 2 versions of the EFI Live software saved on my computer and the one I was using was saved somewhere other than the default location. When I tried to update to the latest version it said I was already up to date, which the version in the default location was, but the one I was using was not. Once I started using the version in the default location I was able to find B9999 and correct the issues myself.

I'm currently at work but I can try fixing your attached tune when I get home in about 2.5 hours. Let me know if you want me to try and fix your tune.

Can not find B9999

If you are able to help this would be very appreciated.

Yours is a bit easier, it is just that the checksums are disabled (which is not uncommon for the crate engine ECM's), it is not like the ones above where other tuners have messed with the files.
    In V7 when you have your tune loaded up you should see a button "Update Checksums", all you need to do for this file is click on that and then resave, then it should be fine from that point on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Checksum Fix.png 
Views:	143 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	23377

For those wondering, this does not cure the ones that require B9999 to be available
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast