Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: $06FF on an E38, no start and stuck in my driveway

Will has been very helpful in trying to get me on the right track through email. He has given me great advice and tried to help me troubleshoot this issue.

I

I’m new to forums and I ain’t sure how to direct message on here. My iPhone isn’t letting me upload my tunes. I can forward you the email Will sent me with my tunes though. If you wouldn’t mind giving me your email?

I won't post my Email on here because of spam bots.
    Send it to support@efilive.com
    Or have Will send the tunes over to the same address, actually we only want your stock tune as read from the vehicle. Lets get the car running with the stock file (which won't be stock I suspect) and then we'll work on the others. We'd rather not have tuners send us their modified tunes.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Sent over right now! ����!

PM sent
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    PM sent
    Ross

I have a e38 with $06ff error too. Stock file was read with a Autocal, I sent modified file back as a cal flash only and it failed. Tried the original read with full flash and still $06ff.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mike, that file is fine to use as there has been no attempt to disguise a tune like some of the handheld tuners do (which causes the $06FF).
    I'd suggest the failure is caused by something on the vehicle corrupting the data being sent during the flash (we often hear of people with monitors trying to scan whilst flashing etc).
    Have your customer make sure they don't have anything like that wired up and if they do them them to turn it off.

Given the customer tried a full flash and it failed the only way to recover it now is by full flashing, a cal only flash will not bring it back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Mike, that file is fine to use as there has been no attempt to disguise a tune like some of the handheld tuners do (which causes the $06FF).
    I'd suggest the failure is caused by something on the vehicle corrupting the data being sent during the flash (we often hear of people with monitors trying to scan whilst flashing etc).
    Have your customer make sure they don't have anything like that wired up and if they do them them to turn it off.

Given the customer tried a full flash and it failed the only way to recover it now is by full flashing, a cal only flash will not bring it back to life.
    He dealer flashed it and then tried to flash it with EFI and it failed the same way couple more times. So I had him to keep it in bootloader mode and had him update his V8 scan and tune. Then file flash in with no errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    ....had him update his V8 scan and tune. Then file flash in with no errors.
    If we had a dollar for........

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast