Thread: Current Public Release (Sep 2018)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Current Public Release (Sep 2018)

Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.24 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.20 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • Boot Block: V2.07.008 (Jul 4, 2018) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    • Firmware: V2.07.137 (Sep 6, 2018) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Download here:
    Known Issues:
    Issue #1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Last edited by Blacky; November 1st, 2018 at 12:09 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks.

thanks for the sharing new version and mention the links for download but is there any new version of EFILive except V8

Quote Originally Posted by Anatole View Post
    thanks for the sharing new version and mention the links for download but is there any new version of EFILive except V8
    Not since Sept. 6, 2018.

What in particular were you looking for...?

Trying to do E41 User defined PIDs. All the DMA pids that I add seem to work correctly using the format provided, but when I try to add Enhanced Pids, the user PID compiler seems to Ignore them all. Not sure if this is a bug or there are limitations to what PRNs we are allowed to address or if the PRN is defined by EFI in the background, is it ignored?
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

So these are just regular 2 byte PID numbers, eg PID $1234 = Engine RPM? (not correct but you know what I mean).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

indeed 2 byte with no symbols (such as # or $) just like in the example. When I go to the User Defined PIDs -> Descriptions folder, and look in the E41_Usr_Desc.txt file i can see the DMA pids listed at the end of the list, but the Enhanced pids are no where to be found.

I tried to use PIDs that were already defined and redefine them with the "u" suffix (ex. uVOLTS = 1141) like in the example and it will detect those and the compiler will error saying "Duplicates Not Allowed" so its reading the PIDs and Enh data section.

Ill keep trying other things to see if I can get you more data on the issue. Let me know if there is anything else you would like me to try.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY

Are you defining the PIDs' scaling in the PIDs.ini file in the [Enh] section with the exact same PRN values as the PIDs you define in your E41.ini in the [EnhSup] section?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	userpids.png 
Views:	288 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	22489

Regards
    Paul

And also make sure you have an "=" symbol after the PRN numbers in your E41.ini file, otherwise the *.ini file parser will ignore the line.

Regards
    Paul

Messed around with it some more.. still was frustrating. Ended up wiping v8 and 7.5, clearing the registry and reinstalling. Seems to have solved the problem??? Must have been some looming gremlin. But all is well now. Thanks!
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY