Thread: 2017 Duramax v3.0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2017 Duramax v3.0

But back to business and the question all customers have... But first I'll start with answering your question. I don't know anything about the process other than it can be done.... So how that upsets you idk... But is there going to be support? I mean back in 2015, Cummins had to be unlocked by fleece... Now we're at the point where Cummins can be unlocked over the can bus which was unheard of 3 years ago... So is this just going to be brushed off as nothing or is the company that we all have so much invested in going to just sit back and let the market run away? That's all the question is...
    Last edited by GMPX; September 10th, 2018 at 05:03 PM.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

You're a goose Josh, consider yourself banned unless one of the other mods on here sees any possible reason you should be allowed to post links to competing products or court cases that EFILive was not directly involved in (yes I had to edit his posts again!).
    But I will at least answer your question for the benefit of others.

"So is this just going to be brushed off as nothing or is the company that we all have so much invested in going to just sit back and let the market run away?"

I'm sorry you aren't seeing the big picture in all this, sometimes being first is an amazing opportunity for growth but sometimes being first isn't a good thing when you know what waits around the corner. If you had attended the invite only GM cybersecurity meetings in Oct 2017 and the discussions GM has had with the industry since then you would know exactly what I mean. I think we will wait this one out for the time being and that is possibly a gamble but one we are taking. If you need to do L5P's I am sure HPT will cut you a nice deal on an interface because we will not be working on them in the immediate future for a variety of reasons and not all of them are because of technical barriers.
    Last edited by GMPX; September 10th, 2018 at 05:58 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.