Thread: No Catalyst Monitor on '07 Van OS 12613248

Default No Catalyst Monitor on '07 Van OS 12613248

I'm running this OS in my LS6 powered '82 Corvette and the scanner says that Catalyst monitor isn't supported. This caused me some trouble when I went in for my emissions here in Colorado, I know those vans had Catalytic Converters so why no monitor? Does anyone know? I've been through all the diagnostic codes and there isn't anything related that's turned off. I'd use the 06 Van OS but it doesn't start well with that OS, or run as well either.

Post your tune file.

Do you have catalysts physically present...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Post your tune file.

Do you have catalysts physically present...?
    Hi Joecar, and thanks for responding! Yes, it has cats and when I use the 2004 GTO OS the catalyst monitor shows as supported and it completes the monitor when I do the drive cycle. It's only the 07 Express Van OS that shows the catalyst monitor as unsupported. It runs great with either OS, and the reason I was using the van OS is because it supports the fuel composition sensor and flex fuel which allows me to mix in a little E85 and that helps with my high compression. 12606807_OS_0033calc.vet_0003.ctz

Try setting P0420/P0430 to Not-Reported and MIL, flash to PCM, and then set back to A-1-Trip and No-MIL, and flash to PCM.

I experimented with the 06 and 07 OS and the 2004 GTO OS, I discovered that the car runs best with the 2004 GTO OS. The 07 runs pretty well and starts well but doesn't do Catalyst monitor for whatever reason, the 06 takes longer to start and has idle hang. The GTO OS on the other hand starts immediately, learns idle very quickly and completes the emissions monitors. My wiring harness is an '02 SS Camaro that I've added O2 sensor grounds to the PCM and transmission range switch wiring. The engine isn't stock, it's a stroker with ported Z06 heads and a ported FAST intake with a 92mm Nick Williams throttle body. I'm using almost all of the GTO parameters except for VE, spark, idle air, MAF sensor calibration and those parameters that are specific to the engine and the car as it's set up to run with the LS Platform such as fuel level sensor and gauges etc. I used the same parameters in all 3 OS's and it's interesting that it doesn't run the same with all 3. I'm sure that there are parameters that aren't visible that are affecting this, and I'm curious about what they are. As it is I'm happy with the GTO OS although I wish I could use my fuel composition sensor with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal Vette View Post
    I'm sure that there are parameters that aren't visible that are affecting this, and I'm curious about what they are. As it is I'm happy with the GTO OS although I wish I could use my fuel composition sensor with it.
    This is most likely the case.