Ok, I've done some research, some googling, and some forum searching, I'm left with more questions than answers.

We are dealing with a 2017 L83 engine, 8L90e trans, e92 ecm, and T87 tcm. The drivetrain was put into a restored k5 blazer. The engine starts up and runs fine. Once put into gear though it has no forward gears, only reverse. After some research we found this article...

https://gearsmagazine.com/magazine/8...id-strategies/

Specifically this quote:

"If you change the transmission, valve body, solenoids, or TCM during a repair, you must download the unique performance characteristic data from the web server and reprogram the TCM for the system to function at maximum efficiency"

A new GM TCM was purchased for this project because the salvage yard didn't include the original one. So everything came from the same truck, EXCEPT the TCM, it is brand new. The engine and trans had under 1000 miles when the truck was wrecked so physical components are in good shape, basically new from the factory.

My question is this, can EFILive take care of this "unique performance characteristic" change? The blazer and me are no longer in the same state, so we were hoping to do this through the mail. Would I need the TCM and ECM in front of me I guess? Any insight to this is appreciated. Sorry if this is a dumb question, been reading up all night with limited success. If there is a link or something someone can share that would be great. THANKS!