Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Silverado Installing ethanol content sensor

Default 2005 Silverado Installing ethanol content sensor

Hey guys looking to install ethanol content sensor in 2005 silverado. Is this possible with out too much hassle. I’m running the custom os2 for valet mode and upgrading fuel system
    Last edited by Andyb756; October 3rd, 2018 at 03:32 PM.

Does your OEM/base OS support physical alcohol content sensor...?

It is not a flex fuel truck stock. I was just curious if i wired a sensor up and turned the tables on for the sensor in the tune if it would work and if not what I would need to do to make it work

I think you would have to attempt to run a factory tune that already had the FlexFuel active, there is a lot of tables and parameters in the background that need to be set up and may have never been populated in some applications where FlexFuel was never going to be an option. It isn't as simple as flicking the FlexFuel enable switch and it all works.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I’ve got a flex fuel tune I’ve saved from a different vehicle on my laptop and it seems to have all the same tables as mine. I would copy those tables to mine. Just curious if this would work or if anyone has done it.

No that isn't what I meant, the tables you see in EFILive are only a small part of the story. There is a lot of obscure tables and parameters in the background not shown in EFILive that are required to work as well.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ah I see. Thank you

Did some digging and would it be possible to do a segment swap and cal flash it in? Having the capability to automatically switch back and forth between fuels would be nice

Whilst that is possible it swaps everything in that segment which means every parameter/table (visible and not visible) from the E85 calibration goes in to your vehicle. That could cause problems with different vehicle configurations. An extreme example would be to swap a Corvette segment in to a truck would cause all sorts of issues.

I found a file with the same os number and same year just with flex fuel enabled. I might give it a shot and if it doesn’t work i can always go back. Thank you for answering my questions. I’m planning on adding boost and just looking for a little flexibility with fuel options.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast