Thread: How to recover corrupted log files?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member

Default How to recover corrupted log files?

I'm not really sure what the problem is, but I just did a quick black box log of my truck. When I got back, I parked the truck and shut it off. When I reached down to save the log, it said it was already saving. I expected to have a problem, and sure enough, the log file is not displaying data properly. It has a bunch of vertical dashed white lines across the graph section of the dashboard tab, and the data tab is a bunch of garbage also. I'm assuming something happened during saving to corrupt my file since I wasn't actually the one initiate the saving process. Is there any way to recover a file like this? I really don't want to take the truck out and beat on it again if I don't have to, and I would like to look at the data I got if it is possible.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Send the log file to me paul@efilive.com and I'll see if I can recover the data. (Sorry if this is a bit late but I only just saw your message).
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

It isn't worth taking up your time over, and I already went out and made another log. It seems the problem is my SD card slot is losing connection with the card for some reason. I just had that repaired last year and haven't even used it since then, but I noticed the display switching from SD to Mem the other day after this post.