Thread: ECM file

Default ECM file

Hi getting ready to program my18 what yours of files will it take? Can it take for say a 14 is long as it is a modded fie vers stock emissions intact. Insight would be appreciated. Thanks PS do have bypass module.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Tuning by Zack StarLite diesel

Figure out what is in there already (get ECM info in the OBD-II option in V8) then just grab the stock tune from one of these links to build your file from (the link below explains what to look for and where to get files):
    There is 2018 files in there so you can stick with the correct year model tune for your vehicle.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...k-tune-library
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I was asking you if my 14 file will work in my 18 or do I have to have a 17 or 18 file in order to work at that ECM. organza 17 and 18 have different signatures so the older files won't work in there.

Yes the 18's have different verification signatures, but when you flash it with EFILive those are disabled anyway so it will accept any file regardless of year model. Will a 14 file work in a 18 truck? Sorry I have no idea if the other modules in the vehicle will still happily communicate with the 2018 software updates, other tuners who may have done this before will need to chime in.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Okay thanks

They 17/18 trucks have several nice features that will be disabled with an older file in them. I would stick with the file for the 17/18 trucks that it has in it and cax in whatever you need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Stroker View Post
    They 17/18 trucks have several nice features that will be disabled with an older file in them. I would stick with the file for the 17/18 trucks that it has in it and cax in whatever you need for it.
    Can you elaborate on what features are in the older version. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by easymon View Post
    I was asking you if my 14 file will work in my 18 or do I have to have a 17 or 18 file in order to work at that ECM. organza 17 and 18 have different signatures so the older files won't work in there.

Earlier this year I attempted to load an 18 file into a 17 controller. Both Insite and Calterm said the bootloader was incompatible.
    I was forced to buy a separate ECU for the MY18+. Now I use my 2350B for </=2017 and my 2350F for >2017.

Hope this helps.

JK

The base Digital Signature in the 2350B and 2350F are different as well, if that check has not been disabled then regardless of the bootbloader version check failing in CT etc even a stock file will not work if it is not from the matching ECM version.
    People tell me once the ECM has been unlocked with EFILive that you can switch between the two ECM types with whatever file you want.

Hi guys thanks for reply's . Just had truck updated there was issued addressed so look for this ECM calibration before I do any updating on my own. Thanks