Thread: E87B ECM - Script exited with code $0504: Boot loader not found.

Default E87B ECM - Script exited with code $0504: Boot loader not found.

Hello!,

I am trying to read an E87B ECU and i get the following error.

"Script exited with code $0504: Boot loader not found."

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Last edited by SkyMadness; October 27th, 2018 at 01:11 AM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The E87_R.bix boot loader file is accidentally missing from the EFILive V8 software installation. I've attached it to this post.
    Download it, unzip it and save the E87_R.bix file into the folder: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config (you may need admin permission to save it).
    Then, re-program the bbx options using [F5: BBX]->Program, which will copy the E87_R.bix file to your device.

Please note: Tune editing for the E87 controllers is not supported in the V7.5 or V8 software. The only support for E87 controllers is reading and flashing via the V8 software.

Regards
    Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The E87_R.bix boot loader file is accidentally missing from the EFILive V8 software installation. I've attached it to this post.
    Download it, unzip it and save the E87_R.bix file into the folder: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config (you may need admin permission to save it).
    Then, re-program the bbx options using [F5: BBX]->Program, which will copy the E87_R.bix file to your device.

Please note: Tune editing for the E87 controllers is not supported in the V7.5 or V8 software. The only support for E87 controllers is reading and flashing via the V8 software.

Regards
    Paul
    Thank you Paul!

Hello,

It says the same for the writting. Could you fix it? I have two ecus and i want to transfer the software of the one to the other.

Thanks!

Sorry about the missing files, we are not sure why they haven't been included in the software. I will find the correct file for flashing and post it up here but please be aware the writing on this ECM was only developed for calibration only flashes, there was never a full flash option (eg, updating the OS and calibration data). Did you want to do just the calibrations or the OS as well...like GM's TIS would do?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Similar instructions as before:

Download the attached file, unzip it and save the E87_W.bix file into the folder: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config (you may need admin permission to save it).
    Then, re-program the bbx options using [F5: BBX]->Program, which will copy the E87_W.bix file to your device.

As noted above this ECM can only be flashed if the operating systems match in number as this is a calibration only reflash.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Noted!

Thank you Ross!