Thread: General V2 diagnostic questions?

Default General V2 diagnostic questions?

Ok have 2 question maybe 3 all based on different makes of car.

1. My Holden VU ss has thrown a airbag light after stalling it on light throttle, also have been getting an intermitace abs fault is there a way I can read the code to repair the issue using my v2.

2. My partner drives a au3 fairlane, can I use the v2 to diagnose the abs module issue.

3. I have just been gifted a 2001 mk triton from the brother in law, had done a balancer bolt and dropped the balancer out the car, I have replaced this but car won't start and is throwing a code, can I use my v2 to pull the code?

I don't think I can read any of this from the v2 but just being a tight arse and trying to utilise what i already have.

Cheers Wade

1. yes, the EFILive scantool can read DTC's from all modules on the bus; first go Edit->Properties->Advanced and checkmark Check/Clear DTCs for All Modules.

2. no, Ford uses PWM, the wrong protocol.

3. no, Mitsubishi use some other protocol.

Hi Joe

Thanks for this, I was just being hopeful about the ford and mitsubishi.
    In regards to reading the bcm in the commodore I seem to only be able to connect to the PCM is there something else I need to select in the settings to be able to read BCM faults as I already had the checkmark selected in V7.5 scan tool.
    I can read all the prior issues that have been logged in PCM... this was scary but reassuring to me that there are actually no faults currently in the PCM.
    The programming for me has been just a little side project for myself and have now gotten the car very smooth on acceleration, now to fix the light throttle bucking up the freeway, lol.
    Thanks for everybodies help so far over the past 10+ years.

Cheers Wade

Actually Joe I have a feeling the ABS module on that generation vehicle might not have been on the VPW bus, it was still using the old ALDL comms in which case no you won't be able to talk to it. Those vehicles had a module that the PCM connected to that converted the PCM's VPW bus communications to old school ALDL for all the other modules (I think GMH called it the PIM).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ah, yes, good point Ross.