Thread: T43 Calibration Full Flash Does Not Update?

Default T43 Calibration Full Flash Does Not Update?

Hey guys. So I'm attempting to reflash a T43 (programmed by GM July 2018) with a different CTZ file that has the same OS, but a different Calibration (older) number. A CALIBRATION ONLY or FULL FLASH still will NOT change the Calibration number , the VIN, or the Transmission Diagnostics.

Is it accepting the calibration changes and not showing? Is the Calibration number actually the part number of the T43 module? Can I not change calibrations?

V2 and AutoCals are up to date.

HELP!!
    Trailblazer "RS" 5.3L 6L80 4x4 & '07 TBSS LS2 6L90 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by TBMSport View Post
    A CALIBRATION ONLY or FULL FLASH still will NOT change the Calibration number , the VIN, or the Transmission Diagnostics.
    The Calibration number is stored in the TCM but not anywhere that is written to when doing a cal or full flash, it is not something we've ever changed on any controller.
    The VIN has not been something EFILive changes when full flashing.
    The Transmission Diagnostics not changing, pretty much impossible if the flash is going through to the end. If you do an OBD-II - F4 check in V8 it will show you all the P/N's for the segments if you wanted to compare to what you flashed in.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Just to clarify, the Calibration and Transmission Diagnostic parameter DO actually change in the OS Full Reflash, but it will NOT reflect that change on the main reading window (i.e. I will have to look at the OS comparison window)? Which, for future reference, means that when I pull a program, I shouldn't assume that Calibration # shown in the window is actually the Calibration in the program?

I'll be honest, I'm kind of confused at this stage what the issue is.

"the Calibration and Transmission Diagnostic parameter DO actually change in the OS Full Reflash, but it will NOT reflect that change on the main reading window".

What do you mean the Main reading window?If the TCM is flashed (cal or full) whatever the part numbers are for the various segments will change, they have to!

I shouldn't assume that Calibration # shown in the window is actually the Calibration in the program?
    Correct, the single Calibration number which has nothing to do with the OS P/N or any of the calibration P/N's is never changed with EFILive because it is stored outside the OS and cals area.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I'll be honest, I'm kind of confused at this stage what the issue is.

"the Calibration and Transmission Diagnostic parameter DO actually change in the OS Full Reflash, but it will NOT reflect that change on the main reading window".

What do you mean the Main reading window?If the TCM is flashed (cal or full) whatever the part numbers are for the various segments will change, they have to!

I shouldn't assume that Calibration # shown in the window is actually the Calibration in the program?
    Correct, the single Calibration number which has nothing to do with the OS P/N or any of the calibration P/N's is never changed with EFILive because it is stored outside the OS and cals area.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Ross,

It's resolved. The issue was that I had too many files each with too many windows open. Switching back and forth through the windows and tabs caused some hang ups of the updates to show even after hitting UPDATE or DIFFERENCE. After closing them and doing a fresh file open and comparison, the OS, Calibration and System ID lines reflected "IDENTICAL".

Thanks for looking into it.