Thread: 2017 L83 file standalone problems

Default 2017 L83 file standalone problems

I've worked with a handful of e92/L83 swaps but this one is giving me issues. The only other 2017 I've touched used the stock fuel pump control module and fan control module, this one does not. I feel like I have it set up so that it will trigger a normal fuel pump relay (like I set up 2014 and 2015 ecms in the past) but for some reason is isn't. Is there a parameter in the background I am missing?

Also, this original drivetrain was 2wd, now a transfer case has been added turning it into 4x4. Is there some background parameters that can be changed to help with this? I am not getting a vss reading no matter what I do, the harness is wired like a 2017 4x4, but I have a feeling the tune is still looking for some internal info from the 2wd 6L80e. I don't see any further adjustments in the tune software for this.

It appears neither versions of the scan tool can do DVT functions with these ecms, correct? Or am I missing something? I'd really like to be able to turn the fans and fuel pump on if nothing else. This is set up for one discrete fan trigger, but I don't think that is working either.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is there any chance you can find a factory tune configured the way you need it and start with that? That is going to save so many headaches and possibly get a resolution that we can't provide.

With the DVT's, most of the late model ECM's are missing but you can still select say the E38 and use the DVT's it has on the E92, of course some things will be missing but what is there should work.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks for the e38 DVT info, I'll try that. I was really hoping to avoid changing the file over if I could. This ECM trans and engine are from the same vehicle, there nothing needing to be changed other than the 4x4 aspect, but if there's no way to make that change then so be it.

The fuel pump is working as it should, I can remove that from my list of things.

Also the TCM file I sent is not from this vehicle, please disregard it, I'll try to remove it from the thread.

My only real remaining issue ithe 4x4/vss question. Thanks.

What I was hinting at was there is (at a guess) maybe 20,000+ calibrations in these ECM's (far, far more than what is presented on screen), finding the 'switch' for 4x4 and then all the associated calibrations is probably a bridge too far unless you are hooked in with GM somehow.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thank you

Lifetime Member

Are you worried about the vss not being correct in 4Low? Why change to 4x4