Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did I do calc.vet right?

Lifetime Member

Default Did I do calc.vet right?

I FINALLY got my wideband installed in my '02 5.3 with 4l60e. The only mods I have are a cold air intake. It runs great but I'm just trying to teach myself basic tuning.

There was a spot under light throttle where I noticed my LTFT's were in the positive teens (17-18ish) but at idle they were great. So I figured I'd try to correct the VE table and MAF. (*I checked fuel pressure and other things first)

I got all the tables set up, maps, PID's etc. I also got my wideband serial connection to work (PID showing AFR like the gauge, LAMBDA and EQ also). I went for a nice long log and built a new VE table (copy paste with labels, right?) and the MAF (multiply?). Everything seemed like it all made sense because the maf range correction was about 12-13% off. The VE table was about 20-30% off in respective tables though...

Then I got to thinking did I set up everything right? Do I have to modify a file somewhere to specify my LC-2 WB? Is that calculation reading off something else like LTFTs or something and making a false correction because today i noticed my fuel trims were almost the opposite---negative. still good at idle (-4 to 0)

I did have to use Scan and Tune to program my V2 to get the WB to work... but that's the only place I specified what I had...

Lifetime Member

only tune changes i made beforehand were to disable cat protection and set maf enable to 400rpm

Please post before and after tune files, and log file.

Lifetime Member
    Last edited by bubba68ss; November 22nd, 2018 at 05:14 PM.

Lifetime Member

Where did you get your injector data?

Lifetime Member

It is a stock 2002 5.3 with flex fuel injectors (33 lb). Just noticed I uploaded the wrong BEFORE file. I’ll fix that

ok.

Also post the stock file, please.

Lifetime Member

I've uploaded the right before file.

I only have the stock file in .cal format (TC) which I modified to standalone operation in RT Tuner a year ago, flashed in my PCM, read with efilive ('before' file), flashed into my licensed pcm, and then modified from the calc.vet process ('after' file). I don't see a .ctz L59 file in the dropbox to upload for comparison but the only difference is vats off and emissions/code deletes

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by bubba68ss View Post
    It runs great but I'm just trying to teach myself basic tuning.
    After looking at your log... I'm guessing that you've never driven a well tuned LS1.

There was a spot under light throttle where I noticed my LTFT's were in the positive teens (17-18ish) but at idle they were great. So I figured I'd try to correct the VE table and MAF.
    Yep, I noticed trims actually go to around +24 near the end of your log... it can't run great with trims like that, unless you've done a few hundred miles on the tune and the PCM has had time to 'bake in' those crazy trims.

It is a stock 2002 5.3 with flex fuel injectors (33 lb). Just noticed I uploaded the wrong BEFORE file. I’ll fix that
    Your MAF airflow readings look too high for a 5.3 engine, which makes me think that your injector data is wrong. I very much doubt the injectors are flowing the 33lbs that you think they are.

Lifetime Member

What’s the relation of injector flow rates to maf reading?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast