Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: COS3 OLSD to SemiOLSD

Is it safe to assume that the IAT/VE scaler needs to be just as perfect as the VE table before adding in any MAF or O2's?

2 classic blunders with my tune from last year... Baro update was set to 4,000 RPM (I could easily be in boost at that point) and I failed to realize my IAT scaler was in degrees Celsius, while I was entering values assuming it was degrees Farenheit. Easy to do, seeing as that when you flip to deg. F, the table goes all the way up to 284 deg.

VE is looking really good. Trying to get the IAT scaler reeled in and only making small ve changes at my 1.0 IAT scaler values at this point.

Lifetime Member

I'm a bit lost on what you're doing now. Do you have the MAF sensor fitted and working?

Quote Originally Posted by statesman View Post
    I'm a bit lost on what you're doing now. Do you have the MAF sensor fitted and working?
    No, I got a new wideband 02 sensor. I've been working on VE only for the last week. Wondering if I have to have the IAT/VE scaler perfect before adding something else in. And what is the logical next step? MAF? O2's? both at same time?

Lifetime Member

Oh man, that's funny.

There is no logical next step when you're still wasting time on the VE table.

Try to understand this... the VE is NEVER going to tune up while you're using the IAT sensor on the manifold. You need an IAT sensor on the intake tubing. Fitting the MAF sensor and using the IAT on the MAF was the solution... but you're not implementing it. I told you to abandon the VE, but you persist with it. I really can't help you while you're maintaining your current trajectory.

Oh man, that's funny.

There is no logical next step when you're still wasting time on the VE table.

Try to understand this... the VE is NEVER going to tune up while you're using the IAT sensor on the manifold. You need an IAT sensor on the intake tubing. Fitting the MAF sensor and using the IAT on the MAF was the solution... but you're not implementing it. I told you to abandon the VE, but you persist with it. I really can't help you while you're maintaining your current trajectory.
    Yeah, that's fing hillarious. So ve doesn't matter? Thanks for all your "help" good day sir.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_PA View Post
    Yeah, that's fing hillarious. So ve doesn't matter? Thanks for all your "help" good day sir.
    Go back and read this whole thread. I told you to go MAF only... so yeah, the VE doesn't matter in that situation. With a MAF only tune, the VE only gets activated in the event of a MAF failure, so you still have to tune the VE but it's not critical and only gets tuned after you have the IAT in the intake working and after the MAF is tuned. In other words... it's the last thing to look at and it doesn't have to be perfect even when you do look at it.

If you don't like my "help", then that's okay... do things your own way.

Go back and read this whole thread. I told you to go MAF only... so yeah, the VE doesn't matter in that situation. With a MAF only tune, the VE only gets activated in the event of a MAF failure, so you still have to tune the VE but it's not critical and only gets tuned after you have the IAT in the intake working and after the MAF is tuned. In other words... it's the last thing to look at and it doesn't have to be perfect even when you do look at it.

If you don't like my "help", then that's okay... do things your own way.
    Maybe you should re-read the thread. If your help is at the cost of your condescending answers, please go away.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234