Thread: DVT Issue? - No Gears Except First - T43 OS 24270599

Question DVT Issue? - No Gears Except First - T43 OS 24270599

Hi,

I am using DVT in Scan 7.5 to control T43 modules on our Trans Dyno. I have tried two rebuilt transmissions, a 6L80 and a 6L90.. both with OS 24270599, but they will not shift into any gears, they only stay in first.

I have successfully connected and Held Gears on different 6L80/90 s with other operating systems...

The software does 'connect' to the module, and shows correct OS number with a nice light blue background at the bottom status bar.

Is there an update or known bug that is causing this issue on this specific OS?

--Stephen

If there is an error reported back from the TCM then you do see what that is in the software, if there is no error then I don't know. I can't see why GM would have any specific programming on one OS to stop the changing of gears via a scantool.
    Do you have a factory tool like a TechII just to confirm it is an issue with that particular set up?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    If there is an error reported back from the TCM then you do see what that is in the software, if there is no error then I don't know. I can't see why GM would have any specific programming on one OS to stop the changing of gears via a scantool.
    Do you have a factory tool like a TechII just to confirm it is an issue with that particular set up?
    The software is not reporting any errors, unless the error is not obvious. The software connects just like it would any other 6L80 , all systems 'go'. But it will not shift when i command the trans to be held in a specific gear.
    We rebuilt quite a few of these units and have a plan on testing more.. this is the first two trans I've attempted to Dyno with 24270599. I'm interested to see if we build another unit with this same OS if we have the same problem.
    Although I do not have a TechII, I am having these two units installed in their trucks later on this week/next week so I will report back our results. (To rule out an actual TCM or Transmission issue).

Is there any data that would be any help to submit to your team for investigation?

Unfortunately not, we don't have any vehicles in our pool of owned cars that have T43's so at best we can only do a bench test which is impossible to simulate what you are trying to do.
    I think if it works in the vehicle with that OS then the TCM must have some sort of error set that will not allow the overrides.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.