Thread: DPS5 can't pull tunes

Default DPS5 can't pull tunes

My son has a 2006 LBZ w/dps5 and it won't let me remove and modify the tune. Is deleting and putting a stock tune in my only option or has someone found a way around this yet ? If I need a tune for it where can I get stock or a good mild tune.
    His tune the check engine light stays on all the time for coolant temp issue. I wanted to go in and either change what it's looking for or make the fault not light the light, it runs awesome.

There is no way around it, a DSP5 tune cannot be read out because the maps are stored outside the area the ECM allows reading from so reading is blocked.
    You will need to obtain a stock tune if you wanted to tune around the issue......or fix the coolant temp issue rather than tune around it.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Default DPS5 can't pull tunes

I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    There is no way around it, a DSP5 tune cannot be read out because the maps are stored outside the area the ECM allows reading from so reading is blocked.
    You will need to obtain a stock tune if you wanted to tune around the issue......or fix the coolant temp issue rather than tune around it.

Cheers,
    Ross
    That's what I told him to do. The guy he bought it from a couple years ago said that with the tune that was in it that they ran 160 stats to keep it cool to make more power. Sounds like he just didn't want to replace the stuck stats either.
    The thing I really wanted was the tunes for one of our trucks down the road later. I know they wouldn't work in our lb7 and I don't think lly would be able to use them either, but I'm sure lbz will be back in our driveway again someday.

Thanks everyone