Hello,

I've got a 2008 Suburban with a 5.3L and an E38 ecu. I had a lifter collapse on me so I repaired that and used EFILive to disable AFM. On the 2nd test drive after disabling AFM, the security light came on. When I parked the truck, it wouldn't start. I tried the "re-learn" procedure and it didn't work. I then went through and disabled VATS using the Patch and a full flash and was able to get it to fire up, however I still have the security light on. I've tried a number of different settings in the VATS section. The last was as recommended on here:

G1204 - NO
G1205 - NO
G1206 - NO
G1208 - DISABLED
G1209 - NO
G1210 - TYPE 2
G1211 - YES
G1214 - 1
G1215 - 1
G1216 - YES

I did read on here from another thread about checking:
""Flash" > "PCM Security" Click "Check Status". Look at the line that says "GM VAT/IGN cycles:". If that number is anything other than "0", click on the "VAT Relink" tab, next to "IGN Cycles", enter "0" and click the "IGN Cycles" button. Power Down, start up again, and check status again. If it reads "0", your remote start should work.

It does read 0. I did try a "VATS relink" with no success.

The truck is able to run, but still has the light on and can't use remote start. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett