Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony Bushman you do not accept PMs.

Default Tony Bushman you do not accept PMs.

Here is my response to your PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bushmin
    Hey Ghostman, I was reading up on your thread about a single event tune and you seem like you know what youre talking about and maybe you can help me out. Im working out of hptuners but it is the same basic tables. I ran into the issue where with no pilot in cold start temp. it stutters and bucks with white smoke and I would like to just get it so I have pilot during warm up period but once I hit 150F it turns off. Also I would want to run more timing, I had it around 5* at idle and no more timing during normal cruise but after reading a little bit I see people just add crazy amounts so I looked of a table and made a majority of my table 5* including idle. So my question is will the timing throughout my whole table be necessary for a no pilot tune and also to set up the warm up pilot event do I just set my my pilot quantity to zero and set my ECT multiplier to drop off at 150F?

Thanks in advance,
    -Tony
    Tony, I never tried basing the pilot timing off temp I always did it off RPM. But I would say you could try doing it off rom first and that should help on your starts. I haven

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    Here is my response to your PM.

Tony, I never tried basing the pilot timing off temp I always did it off RPM. But I would say you could try doing it off rom first and that should help on your starts. I haven
    Haha the forum was acting up yesterday I was debating whether you even got my message haha. I am just trying to set it so it shuts off after a certain ect. I do not know what a rom is either

Cold starts with a single event tune are possible with the right amount of timing
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Sorry typo. Meant rpm.

And yes cold starts are possible. From 2002 and down we did cold starts on a single event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Cold starts with a single event tune are possible with the right amount of timing
    How much timing are we talking? I feel as if I can only push it so hard until I get timing rattle and I feel weird really even having them so high at idle. I like the way my single event tune is now but im worried that I may be loosing in one way, shape, or even form.

My timing map sorta stays from like 8-6 at idle to cruise and im not sure if that is right. Any tips? (Plus i never added any more duration to my main event)

Default Tony Bushman you do not accept PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bushmin View Post
    How much timing are we talking? I feel as if I can only push it so hard until I get timing rattle and I feel weird really even having them so high at idle. I like the way my single event tune is now but im worried that I may be loosing in one way, shape, or even form.

My timing map sorta stays from like 8-6 at idle to cruise and im not sure if that is right. Any tips? (Plus i never added any more duration to my main event)
    Well I know you didn

Well I know you did not ask me but I will throw in my two cents anyways. If you

Well I know you did not ask me but I will throw in my two cents anyways. If you
    Of course Ghostman, I mean this was orginally a question towards you and I am open to any and all help being that I am a novice in the tuning community.

I just redid my no post tune and added 7% to my main pw table. Planning to try the same with my pilot but I am going to start slow. I cut my pilot by 25% and I want to figure out how much more fuel I need and then compensate with more timing at the same time. I dont really know how to do timing though so I plan on adjusting my fuel then using a timing calculator then advancing my timing more and more. My question is first, is this okay to do this way or is there a better way? Second, how much timing do I need.

Also I thought about what 2007 5.9 said
    yes cold starts are possible. From 2002 and down we did cold starts on a single event.
    and this is true but I cant see a second gen pushing that much more timing over a stock cr, idk maybe ive never logged one, but they definently have more fuel and timing I'd assume

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bushmin View Post
    Of course Ghostman, I mean this was orginally a question towards you and I am open to any and all help being that I am a novice in the tuning community.
    Couldn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast