Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony Bushman you do not accept PMs.

I'll try this one more time. The dang forum keeps cutting off my replys for some reason. What I was saying is your leaving a lot of efficiency and power on the table with your timing that low. If the timing is right it will have a little rattle to it. The best way I think though is to keep the pilot from idle to about 1000 rpm so it is quiet when your idling in drive thru etc. Then go to single event tune afterwards if you want. I ran a tune like that for a while and then changed it to keep pilot until around 2500 rpm and cut off because my wife said it was too loud when she drove it with the old tune lol. That's atleaset how I do it and what I think. You will probably get tons of different opinions on this. I came from p7100s and vp trucks to the CR truck so running timing or having rattle was all normal for me. Sometimes it seems like if all you've ever known is just a CR truck with pilot the minute you hear the rattle it freaks you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    I'll try this one more time. The dang forum keeps cutting off my replys for some reason. What I was saying is your leaving a lot of efficiency and power on the table with your timing that low. If the timing is right it will have a little rattle to it. The best way I think though is to keep the pilot from idle to about 1000 rpm so it is quiet when your idling in drive thru etc. Then go to single event tune afterwards if you want. I ran a tune like that for a while and then changed it to keep pilot until around 2500 rpm and cut off because my wife said it was too loud when she drove it with the old tune lol. That's atleaset how I do it and what I think. You will probably get tons of different opinions on this. I came from p7100s and vp trucks to the CR truck so running timing or having rattle was all normal for me. Sometimes it seems like if all you've ever known is just a CR truck with pilot the minute you hear the rattle it freaks you out.
    I like the sound of the single event. I think it sounds like the 12 valves and 2nd gen trucks. What can I do about the timing to get it where I need it. I dont really know how to make a timing table. What timing should I start with and what do I look for when adjusting at idle and at rpm?

I like the sound of the tune and I am really just playing around with it. What would you say the best way to time it properly. Just advance it until it sounds right and go from there?

Default Tony Bushman you do not accept PMs.

Stupid forum

Let me try this again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Tony Bushman you do not accept PMs.

Tapatalk isn

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    Tapatalk isn
    What would you do then. I need help with this I dont know what to do and my biggest question is timing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12