Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some guidance

Default Need some guidance

I just got EFI live and want to tune my 2010 L99 Camaro Automatic. Right now im not worried about the 6L80E. I have a few engine mods. I have a American Racing Headers 1-7/8 Long Tubes with Full exhaust and muffler delete, A K&N Air Intake Kit. I just installed an Innovative LC-2 Wideband and have it also hooked up to a serial port for Scan Tune V7.5 for EFiLive.

I Printed out the Swingtans VVE Dial Guide for E38 ECU, I set the engine in open loop, and confirmed it is.

What are the next steps into tuning this? I seen and heard about a BEN factor but not sure what it involves.
    in that manual it says too unhook the yellow wire in the MAF sensor harness....Do I do this too? The guide shows its for an L76 not an L99.

MAF: unpinning the MAF signal wire ensures the ECM fails the MAF which then failsafes to VE/SD...

you will be correcting tne VVE surface in OL and SD.
    Last edited by joecar; December 29th, 2018 at 04:45 PM.

You can connect your LC-2 to your FSV2 using a seial comms null modem (swaps Tx/Rx) cable...

then you can use the pid EXT.WO2AFR1 or EXT.WO2LAM1... just follow swingtan's tutorial.

You'll be correcting the VVE surface and regenetating the coefficients.

After you're done with VVE/VE, you want to restore MAF function (pin the MAF signal back into the connector), and while still open loop you will want to check the MAF tables... they should be ok.

Note that K&N filters have been known to oil/foul the MAF sensor element... I prefer to use a paper filter (my preference is WIX).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    You can connect your LC-2 to your FSV2 using a seial comms null modem (swaps Tx/Rx) cable...

then you can use the pid EXT.WO2AFR1 or EXT.WO2LAM1... just follow swingtan's tutorial.

You'll be correcting the VVE surface and regenetating the coefficients.

Ok, I have Everything Set, I am Reading my LC-2 on my FSv2 ScanTune Software. Its reading accurately.

Now My Main Question is the following. Tuning in SD with the MAF Failed; How do I affectively change and re map the VVE IMTV Open/Closed Tables.

I see in ScanTune v7.5; there is a Map section, when I click on it I see a bunch of pre loaded Maps such as VE LC-1 and a good amount of other pre maps. I'm just lost on what to do here. I'm good on adjusting timing, torque control and other items but lost on this VVE table.

Did you also download the VVE tutorial pdf...?

Let me take a closer look at which map you can use (when I get home tomorrow).

Or you can set up a map...
    ( create a new map with the ben pid as data and row/col matching the VVE table's axes ( copy the VVE table then do Paste Labels under each of Row and Col tabs ) )

a log populates the map with data (i.e. the ben pid values), click the n-bar button to see average data values in each cell of the map;

there is an E38 serial ben pid, this is the pid you specify on the map Data tab.

( I'm currently away from home (in Palm Springs) and I don't have access to a PC )

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Did you also download the VVE tutorial pdf...?

Let me take a closer look at which map you can use (when I get home tomorrow).

Or you can set up a map...
    ( create a new map with the ben pid as data and row/col matching the VVE table's axes ( copy the VVE table then do Paste Labels under each of Row and Col tabs ) )

a log populates the map with data (i.e. the ben pid values), click the n-bar button to see average data values in each cell of the map;

there is an E38 serial ben pid, this is the pid you specify on the map Data tab.
    Ok let me know, I tried using a map that was Ben Main VE LC-1 and copied the numbers over to the IMTV OPEN/CLOSE TABLES but it didn't go to well. Had to revert that. I read Simons L76 guide but what it doesn’t go into in depth is to how to make a BEN map and how to apply it to a table step for step that’s where I’m lost. Thanks again

Have a read of post#1 of this thread, it contains info on how to create and apply a map (look at how it applies the ben map to the MAF table... you want to do similar to your VVE table).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast