Thread: 2014 gmc sierra E92

Default 2014 gmc sierra E92

I was just disabling dod on a 14 sierra E92 ecm, read stock file made my tune mod, licensed controller everything went great. I went to full flash and it started then gave me code$0677 Boot loader checksum failed.. ECM was dead no communication of any sort.. I got another ecm and put stock file from gm through j2534 and cranked up ran great.. I had suspected that the original ecm had been programmed with diablo but that wasnt confirmed only suspicion. Then I read out new stock file from gm and disabled AFM then had to purchase another license and attempted to reflash same results.... $0677 bootloader checksum failed. Now i have no communication with ecm getting error code $0101 No Data Recieved. Have I bricked 2 ecms?? I have tuned about 60 vehicles with EFI Live with no problems... I had good voltage when flashing everything off, lights a/c radio etc.. While i was waiting on ecm to arrive i tuned another truck with no problems... Any ideas?????

here is file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Update recovered ecm by flashing stock with GM TIS truck running now but would still like to turn off AFM.

I haven't looked at your file, but did you experience a voltage drop during the flash?

I've bought a new Snap-On battery charger for myself with a nice "flash reprogram" setting on it that will maintain 14V on the vehicles battery during a flash!

Also, make sure your laptop isn't plugged into the charger while flashing an E92.

Quote Originally Posted by SOMFormula View Post
    I haven't looked at your file, but did you experience a voltage drop during the flash?

I've bought a new Snap-On battery charger for myself with a nice "flash reprogram" setting on it that will maintain 14V on the vehicles battery during a flash!

Also, make sure your laptop isn't plugged into the charger while flashing an E92.

I never have my laptop plugged in while flashing and i also have the snap on flash programming charger. I am still unsure with what went on truck is running fine with stock program but i would like to delete the dod in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by fahrautomotive View Post
    I never have my laptop plugged in while flashing and i also have the snap on flash programming charger. I am still unsure with what went on truck is running fine with stock program but i would like to delete the dod in the future...
    So, you can read the calibration file with zero issues?
    But can’t flash it...

Does the error come up as soon as you start the flash?

I had some issues with my old v1 that was similar I emailed paul and he really helped me out. turned out it was the usb port on my computer that I had been using for years

Quote Originally Posted by GMTECH4 View Post
    I had some issues with my old v1 that was similar I emailed paul and he really helped me out. turned out it was the usb port on my computer that I had been using for years
    Nice! Glad it was solved.

I have tuned 100's of E92 ECM's why did you do a FULL FLASH ?? I always do a Cal Flash on any GM from 99-2019 even the E92 never any issues-