Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Current Public Release (Updated - Feb 2019)

  1. #1
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9,119

    Default Current Public Release (Updated - Feb 2019)

    Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installing this release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

    • EFILive V7 software: V7.5.27 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.23 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • Boot Block: V2.07.008 (Jul 4, 2018) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    • Firmware: V2.07.139 (Nov 26, 2018) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.


    Download here:
    Known Issues:
    Issue #1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

    Issue #2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

    Issue #3:
    When displaying logged data in the V8 Scan Tool on the [F3: Data] page, the PID values always display in their base/metric units - regardless of the user selected display units. The Minimum, Average, Maximum and Std Dev values correctly display in the user selected display units.
    Workaround:
    Ensure the user selected units are always the PID's default metric units.
    Will be fixed in the next update.

    .
    Last edited by Blacky; February 18th, 2019 at 02:58 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

  2. #2
    Lifetime Member Chavez91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Sweet! Thanks!!!

    Question,

    Trying to define a User Defined PID, When I hit "Generate" in the compiler, it gives me the error "Invalid DMA Address: 'D0001480'"

    Im assuming there are limitations on the addresses? Is there a way to get them raised as I know the address is valid and able to call it via other tools.
    Josh
    '04 LLY
    *L5P, Standalone, Built Trans*
    Coming Soon

    '05 LLY
    *Built Mota, Built Trans*

  3. #3
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    Sweet! Thanks!!!

    Question,

    Trying to define a User Defined PID, When I hit "Generate" in the compiler, it gives me the error "Invalid DMA Address: 'D0001480'"

    Im assuming there are limitations on the addresses? Is there a way to get them raised as I know the address is valid and able to call it via other tools.
    I'm pretty sure there is no numerical limit on the DMA address value (other than the 32 bit limit).
    That error occurs when there is a mismatch between the number of OS numbers listed in the "OS=" line v's the number of addresses listed in the <DMA_PID>= line.

    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

  4. #4
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is no numerical limit on the DMA address value (other than the 32 bit limit).
    That error occurs when there is a mismatch between the number of OS numbers listed in the "OS=" line v's the number of addresses listed in the <DMA_PID>= line.

    Regards
    Paul
    My bad, the DMA address is handled as a signed value. 0xD0001480 is negative when treated as a signed 32 bit value. That is triggering the "BAD Address" error.
    I'll look into a solution...

    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

  5. #5
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    Sweet! Thanks!!!

    Question,

    Trying to define a User Defined PID, When I hit "Generate" in the compiler, it gives me the error "Invalid DMA Address: 'D0001480'"

    Im assuming there are limitations on the addresses? Is there a way to get them raised as I know the address is valid and able to call it via other tools.
    Updated version of EFILive_UserPID.exe that handles DMA addresses as unsigned 32 bit values. Available here: http://download.efilive.com/Software...ve_UserPID.rar

    Also, please see the comment in the LS1B.ini file in the "User Defined PIDs" folder. (Ignore the part about 24 bits, I have just increased it to 32 bits, unsigned)
    But be aware that for the named controllers the most significant byte is automatically ORed into the address by the EFILive software.

    Code:
    ; __________________________________________________________________________
    ;
    [Dma_Addr]
    ; __________________________________________________________________________
    ; The [Dma_Addr] section describes the memory addresses for each DMA PID
    ; for each supported operating system.
    
    ; DMA PID addresses are specified as hexadecimal WITHOUT any '$' or '0x' prefix.
    ; Any address defined as . means that the DMA PID is not defined/available for the corresponding operating system.
    
    ; These are just sample address values (not real address values) to show how the address values for each PID
    ; are placed in the same column as the OS for which they are intended.
    
    ; NOTE:
    ; Some controllers use 32 bits for DMA addresses, EFILive only allows 24 bit addresses to be specified in this file.
    ; EFILive automatically adds the most significant byte as follows:
    ;  - For E39, E39A, E78, E92, E98, E80, E81, E82, E84, T87, E83A and E83B EFILive ORs the DMA address provided with 0x40000000
    ;  - For E20 and E40 EFILive ORs the DMA address provided with 0xFF000000
    Before asking for help, please read this.

  6. #6
    Lifetime Member Chavez91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Awesome!

    Ill give it a shot!
    Josh
    '04 LLY
    *L5P, Standalone, Built Trans*
    Coming Soon

    '05 LLY
    *Built Mota, Built Trans*

  7. #7
    Lifetime Member Chavez91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Everything compiled correctly. Gonna run out and test.

    Second Thing.

    Running on the new software and have a customer trying to flash an E86B. Its making it to around 55-60% full flash and we are getting an $0311 code bbx. Unfortunately they cant pass through.

    E86B_Failed_Flash311.zip
    Josh
    '04 LLY
    *L5P, Standalone, Built Trans*
    Coming Soon

    '05 LLY
    *Built Mota, Built Trans*

  8. #8
    Forum tyhee Site Admin GMPX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12,758

    Default

    Josh, is this the first time the customer has tried to flash that vehicle?
    The error indicates the ECM is not in the correct mode for programming, not sure why which is why I asked is this the first time for the vehicle or just since the update.
    Need official EFILive help, please go here.
    For tuning support please post your questions on this forum (or other auto forums).
    Sorry if I don't respond to your PM, don't take it personal.


  9. #9
    Lifetime Member Chavez91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    210

    Default

    This customer has been running tunes for about 2 years now with no issues. He requested the most updated tunes we had today, so he updated to this release, and that's when the issues started. The files we sent him today, nor any of his old files will Full Flash. He can cal flash any of the files with an 80% or so success ratio, but the truck is in a no start condition.
    Josh
    '04 LLY
    *L5P, Standalone, Built Trans*
    Coming Soon

    '05 LLY
    *Built Mota, Built Trans*

  10. #10
    Lifetime Member Chavez91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Updated version of EFILive_UserPID.exe that handles DMA addresses as unsigned 32 bit values. Available here: http://download.efilive.com/Software...ve_UserPID.rar

    Also, please see the comment in the LS1B.ini file in the "User Defined PIDs" folder. (Ignore the part about 24 bits, I have just increased it to 32 bits, unsigned)
    But be aware that for the named controllers the most significant byte is automatically ORed into the address by the EFILive software.

    Code:
    ; __________________________________________________________________________
    ;
    [Dma_Addr]
    ; __________________________________________________________________________
    ; The [Dma_Addr] section describes the memory addresses for each DMA PID
    ; for each supported operating system.
    
    ; DMA PID addresses are specified as hexadecimal WITHOUT any '$' or '0x' prefix.
    ; Any address defined as . means that the DMA PID is not defined/available for the corresponding operating system.
    
    ; These are just sample address values (not real address values) to show how the address values for each PID
    ; are placed in the same column as the OS for which they are intended.
    
    ; NOTE:
    ; Some controllers use 32 bits for DMA addresses, EFILive only allows 24 bit addresses to be specified in this file.
    ; EFILive automatically adds the most significant byte as follows:
    ;  - For E39, E39A, E78, E92, E98, E80, E81, E82, E84, T87, E83A and E83B EFILive ORs the DMA address provided with 0x40000000
    ;  - For E20 and E40 EFILive ORs the DMA address provided with 0xFF000000
    So made it a little further. The PIDS compile. When I try to validate them, it seems to be pulling the Speedo System Segment # as the OS #?

    Not trying to be a pain in the ass.... Just pushing extra buttons today i guess.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PID Detect.PNG 
Views:	100 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	22615
    Josh
    '04 LLY
    *L5P, Standalone, Built Trans*
    Coming Soon

    '05 LLY
    *Built Mota, Built Trans*

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Current Public Release (May 2018)
    By Blacky in forum Software Updates and Installation Help
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: July 5th, 2018, 10:36 AM
  2. Current Public Release (Oct 2017)
    By Blacky in forum Software Updates and Installation Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 25th, 2017, 03:55 PM
  3. Known Issues With Current Public Release
    By Blacky in forum Software Updates and Installation Help
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: March 22nd, 2017, 10:42 AM
  4. Known Issues With Current Public Release
    By Blacky in forum Software Updates and Installation Help
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: February 17th, 2017, 06:06 AM
  5. Known Issues With Current Public Release
    By Blacky in forum Software Updates and Installation Help
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: January 31st, 2017, 11:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •