Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Public Release (Updated - Feb 2019)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Current Public Release (Updated - Feb 2019)

Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installing this release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.27 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.23 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • Boot Block: V2.07.008 (Jul 4, 2018) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    • Firmware: V2.07.139 (Nov 26, 2018) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Download here:
    Known Issues:
    Issue #1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:
    When displaying logged data in the V8 Scan Tool on the [F3: Data] page, the PID values always display in their base/metric units - regardless of the user selected display units. The Minimum, Average, Maximum and Std Dev values correctly display in the user selected display units.
    Workaround:
    Ensure the user selected units are always the PID's default metric units.
    Will be fixed in the next update.

Last edited by Blacky; February 18th, 2019 at 02:58 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Sweet! Thanks!!!

Question,

Trying to define a User Defined PID, When I hit "Generate" in the compiler, it gives me the error "Invalid DMA Address: 'D0001480'"

Im assuming there are limitations on the addresses? Is there a way to get them raised as I know the address is valid and able to call it via other tools.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    Sweet! Thanks!!!

Question,

Trying to define a User Defined PID, When I hit "Generate" in the compiler, it gives me the error "Invalid DMA Address: 'D0001480'"

Im assuming there are limitations on the addresses? Is there a way to get them raised as I know the address is valid and able to call it via other tools.
    I'm pretty sure there is no numerical limit on the DMA address value (other than the 32 bit limit).
    That error occurs when there is a mismatch between the number of OS numbers listed in the "OS=" line v's the number of addresses listed in the <DMA_PID>= line.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is no numerical limit on the DMA address value (other than the 32 bit limit).
    That error occurs when there is a mismatch between the number of OS numbers listed in the "OS=" line v's the number of addresses listed in the <DMA_PID>= line.

Regards
    Paul
    My bad, the DMA address is handled as a signed value. 0xD0001480 is negative when treated as a signed 32 bit value. That is triggering the "BAD Address" error.
    I'll look into a solution...

Regards
    Paul

My bad, the DMA address is handled as a signed value. 0xD0001480 is negative when treated as a signed 32 bit value. That is triggering the "BAD Address" error.
    I'll look into a solution...

Regards
    Paul
    Good find... signed vs unsigned is the programmer's curse (almost as bad as off-one)

Sweet! Thanks!!!

Question,

Updated version of EFILive_UserPID.exe that handles DMA addresses as unsigned 32 bit values. Available here: http://download.efilive.com/Software...ve_UserPID.rar

Also, please see the comment in the LS1B.ini file in the "User Defined PIDs" folder. (Ignore the part about 24 bits, I have just increased it to 32 bits, unsigned)
    But be aware that for the named controllers the most significant byte is automatically ORed into the address by the EFILive software.

Code:
    ; __________________________________________________________________________
    ;
    [Dma_Addr]
    ; The [Dma_Addr] section describes the memory addresses for each DMA PID
    ; for each supported operating system.

; DMA PID addresses are specified as hexadecimal WITHOUT any '$' or '0x' prefix.
    ; Any address defined as . means that the DMA PID is not defined/available for the corresponding operating system.

; These are just sample address values (not real address values) to show how the address values for each PID
    ; are placed in the same column as the OS for which they are intended.

; NOTE:
    ; Some controllers use 32 bits for DMA addresses, EFILive only allows 24 bit addresses to be specified in this file.
    ; EFILive automatically adds the most significant byte as follows:
    ;  - For E39, E39A, E78, E92, E98, E80, E81, E82, E84, T87, E83A and E83B EFILive ORs the DMA address provided with 0x40000000
    ;  - For E20 and E40 EFILive ORs the DMA address provided with 0xFF000000

Awesome!

Ill give it a shot!
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY

Updated version of EFILive_UserPID.exe that handles DMA addresses as unsigned 32 bit values. Available here: http://download.efilive.com/Software...ve_UserPID.rar

Also, please see the comment in the LS1B.ini file in the "User Defined PIDs" folder. (Ignore the part about 24 bits, I have just increased it to 32 bits, unsigned)
    But be aware that for the named controllers the most significant byte is automatically ORed into the address by the EFILive software.

Code:
    ;
    [Dma_Addr]
    ; The [Dma_Addr] section describes the memory addresses for each DMA PID
    ; for each supported operating system.

; DMA PID addresses are specified as hexadecimal WITHOUT any '$' or '0x' prefix.
    ; Any address defined as . means that the DMA PID is not defined/available for the corresponding operating system.

; These are just sample address values (not real address values) to show how the address values for each PID
    ; are placed in the same column as the OS for which they are intended.

; NOTE:
    ; Some controllers use 32 bits for DMA addresses, EFILive only allows 24 bit addresses to be specified in this file.
    ; EFILive automatically adds the most significant byte as follows:
    ;  - For E39, E39A, E78, E92, E98, E80, E81, E82, E84, T87, E83A and E83B EFILive ORs the DMA address provided with 0x40000000
    ;  - For E20 and E40 EFILive ORs the DMA address provided with 0xFF000000
    So made it a little further. The PIDS compile. When I try to validate them, it seems to be pulling the Speedo System Segment # as the OS #?

Not trying to be a pain in the ass.... Just pushing extra buttons today i guess.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PID Detect.PNG 
Views:	510 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	22615
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY

So made it a little further. The PIDS compile. When I try to validate them, it seems to be pulling the Speedo System Segment # as the OS #?

Not trying to be a pain in the ass.... Just pushing extra buttons today i guess.

Well that is strange. I'll look into it.
    Paul

Turns out the E86A.pmm file is mis-configured to retrieve the OS using $1A,$C2 (which is the speedo segment). E86B suffers the same problem.

I've attached updated *.pmm files to correct the problem.
    E86_OS_Validation_Fix.zip
    Download and unzip the two files into the folder: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config

Note: The 12641475 speedo number can be manually removed from the drop down list by editing the file: \Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\PIDs\E86A.pxl

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast