Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current Public Release (Updated - Feb 2019)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    So made it a little further. The PIDS compile. When I try to validate them, it seems to be pulling the Speedo System Segment # as the OS #?

Not trying to be a pain in the ass.... Just pushing extra buttons today i guess.

Attachment 22615
    Turns out the E86A.pmm file is mis-configured to retrieve the OS using $1A,$C2 (which is the speedo segment). E86B suffers the same problem.

I've attached updated *.pmm files to correct the problem.
    E86_OS_Validation_Fix.zip
    Download and unzip the two files into the folder: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config

Note: The 12641475 speedo number can be manually removed from the drop down list by editing the file: \Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\PIDs\E86A.pxl
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The CALC. prefix is reserved for EFILive defined calculated PIDs so that user changes are not overwritten by the next update - which always replaces/overwrites the files containing the EFILive calculated PIDs.
    Any reason why you must use the CALC. prefix? What's wrong with using some other prefix?

Regards
    Paul
    Paul, I think I found my fix. For some reason I had it in my head that V7 calculated PIDs had to have a CALC prefix (probably from following the various guides on here and PDFs, I think they all use CALC). But I think the easy fix for me is to just name all of my calculated PIDs with the USER (or whatever) prefix in calc_pids.txt and that will ensure V7/V8 software is on the same page. V7 scan software doesn't seem to acknowledge any custom defined params other than CALC as (calculated), but that's no biggie.

Thanks for the reply.

Turns out the E86A.pmm file is mis-configured to retrieve the OS using $1A,$C2 (which is the speedo segment). E86B suffers the same problem.

I've attached updated *.pmm files to correct the problem.
    E86_OS_Validation_Fix.zip
    Download and unzip the two files into the folder: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config

Note: The 12641475 speedo number can be manually removed from the drop down list by editing the file: \Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\PIDs\E86A.pxl
    Sweet! Thankyou Very Much! Closer! haha Next issue seems to be that it is still handling the address as 24bit. I saw your warning as you stated above...

Code:
    ; NOTE:
    ; Some controllers use 32 bits for DMA addresses, EFILive only allows 24 bit addresses to be specified in this file.
    ; EFILive automatically adds the most significant byte as follows:
    ;  - For E39, E39A, E78, E92, E98, E80, E81, E82, E84, T87, E83A and E83B EFILive ORs the DMA address provided with 0x40000000
    ;  - For E20 and E40 EFILive ORs the DMA address provided with 0xFF000000
    If it helps any, here is V8 calling for the DMA. It looks to be missing the $DO Hi-Byte.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24_Not_32.PNG 
Views:	230 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	22628

And here is the pid being called with Mode $23 manually, granted it isnt 100% the same as the Mode $2D, $2C, $2A combo, but it should show what Im talking about.

Name:	Mode 23.PNG 
Views:	231 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	22629
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    Sweet! Thankyou Very Much! Closer! haha Next issue seems to be that it is still handling the address as 24bit. I saw your warning as you stated above...

Code:
    ; NOTE:
    ; Some controllers use 32 bits for DMA addresses, EFILive only allows 24 bit addresses to be specified in this file.
    ; EFILive automatically adds the most significant byte as follows:
    ;  - For E39, E39A, E78, E92, E98, E80, E81, E82, E84, T87, E83A and E83B EFILive ORs the DMA address provided with 0x40000000
    ;  - For E20 and E40 EFILive ORs the DMA address provided with 0xFF000000
    If it helps any, here is V8 calling for the DMA. It looks to be missing the $DO Hi-Byte.

Name:	24_Not_32.PNG 
Views:	230 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	22628

And here is the pid being called with Mode $23 manually, granted it isnt 100% the same as the Mode $2D, $2C, $2A combo, but it should show what Im talking about.

Name:	Mode 23.PNG 
Views:	231 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	22629
    What controller are you trying to do this for?
    A40, A50, E46, E35A, E35B, E86A and E86B are ECMs that the software defaults to 3 byte addressing - is it one of those?

On closer inspection, it appears that the E35A and E35B only support 3 byte addressing, the E86A and E86B appear to support 4 byte addressing.

It was most likely a copy/paste error when setting up the E86A/B config files (based off of the E35 config files) that they got set to 3 byte addressing instead of 4.
    So if it is E86A/E86B that you are working on (I presume it is based on previous posts) then try the attached/updated *.pmm files - which allow for 4-byte addressing.

E86_DMA_4_Byte_Addressing_Fix.zip

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

I'm adding FlexFuel to my Sonic (Ross your write up from 2012 for your Cruze was very helpful!) and it appears I'm missing the FlexFuel Diagnostic enabler (B0186) in my OS (12655493). I believe this only enables/disables the FF sensor diagnostics to lookup the 2 DTCs related to the sensor, it'd be a nice-to-have if it's not much work.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

After this latest update it has left V7 & V8 completely unusable. Tried doing a complete uninstall and deleting all files and registry entries and reinstalling. Same issues V7 gets a Stream Write Error and V8 get 10 to 15 Access Violation Errors. Have to use task manager to force quit the program. Please help.

Name:	Error.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	482.0 KB 
ID:	22666

Name:	Error 2.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	170.4 KB 
ID:	22667

Quote Originally Posted by nm2769 View Post
    After this latest update it has left V7 & V8 completely unusable. Tried doing a complete uninstall and deleting all files and registry entries and reinstalling. Same issues V7 gets a Stream Write Error and V8 get 10 to 15 Access Violation Errors. Have to use task manager to force quit the program. Please help.
    At what stage do these errors occur? What steps do you perform after the software starts before the errors show up?

Some detective work you can try:

For V8, hold down the Ctrl key on the PC keyboard and double click the V8 Scan and Tune icon to start the software. That should create trace/log files in the \Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace folder. Look in those files (using Notepad) to see if you can see any reason for the errors.

For V7: Change the properties of the desk top icon so that the "Target" field has a space, forward slash, lowercase L after it, like this:

Name:	V7diag.png 
Views:	221 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	22668

Then run the V7 software, that will create a log file in the folder: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5 called StartupLog.txt.
    You will need to right click on the desktop icon and select "Run as Administrator" otherwise V7 won't have permission to create the log file in the "Program Files (x86)" folder.
    Again, check that log file for any clues as to why those errors occur.

Regards
    Paul

At what stage do these errors occur? What steps do you perform after the software starts before the errors show up?

Some detective work you can try:

For V8, hold down the Ctrl key on the PC keyboard and double click the V8 Scan and Tune icon to start the software. That should create trace/log files in the \Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace folder. Look in those files (using Notepad) to see if you can see any reason for the errors.

For V7: Change the properties of the desk top icon so that the "Target" field has a space, forward slash, lowercase L after it, like this:

Name:	V7diag.png 
Views:	221 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	22668

Then run the V7 software, that will create a log file in the folder: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5 called StartupLog.txt.
    You will need to right click on the desktop icon and select "Run as Administrator" otherwise V7 won't have permission to create the log file in the "Program Files (x86)" folder.
    Again, check that log file for any clues as to why those errors occur.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul, the errors occur at startup. Both V7 & V8 get the errors immediately after the program starts. V8 has what seems like an endless Access Errors at startup and I have to use task manger to force close it. V7 error pops up and when you click ok V7 closes on it own. I checked the trace/log files and I don't see anything that points to the issue. I broke out an older laptop that still has windows 8 on it and have been using it for now. I'm not sure if there are some issues with windows 10 or what that may be causing issues with EFILive. I'm going to reset the windows 10 laptop and see if that helps. I'm not sure what else to do.

Thanks
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by nm2769 View Post
    Paul, the errors occur at startup. Both V7 & V8 get the errors immediately after the program starts. V8 has what seems like an endless Access Errors at startup and I have to use task manger to force close it. V7 error pops up and when you click ok V7 closes on it own. I checked the trace/log files and I don't see anything that points to the issue. I broke out an older laptop that still has windows 8 on it and have been using it for now. I'm not sure if there are some issues with windows 10 or what that may be causing issues with EFILive. I'm going to reset the windows 10 laptop and see if that helps. I'm not sure what else to do.

Thanks
    Nick
    It just might be a driver issue since both V7 and V8 attempt to use the USB driver to detect any FlashScan/AutoCal devices on startup. You could try completely removing the drivers and re-installing them as per the first post in this thread.
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...al-USB-drivers

Regards
    Paul

Default Error Trying to update

I'm getting an error when V8 tries to update. Haven't tried 7.5 yet. Screenshots attached. I tried it closing V8 before trying to update and with leaving V8 open.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V8 Update Error 1.JPG 
Views:	182 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	22697   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V8 Update Error 2.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	22698  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast