Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: 2019 Ram RSA

  1. #1
    Lifetime Member Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    296

    Default 2019 Ram RSA

    Anyone know what the 2019 has for tuning restrictions, is it a simple gateway bypass? If so where is Efi Live on adding in flashing support?

  2. #2
    Forum tyhee Site Admin GMPX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12,766

    Default

    Mike, we know nothing with 100% certainty. I have asked around and people tell me only the 2019 1500's are being delivered to dealers at this stage.
    I am fairly confident it is a new ECM though from what we've heard. I expect the gateway will of course still exist but we don't know if the CAN bus is encrypted beyond the gateway (which I think is their ultimate goal with the gateway system), it's all up in the air until they hit the streets. There is also no service or tech details on Tech Authority for the 2019 2500 and 3500 Cummins powered vehicles yet.
    If it is indeed a new ECM with new security then it's going to take time to even figure out if we can get past any security measures they have in place, don't expect support overnight if they've changed lots of things
    Also given we don't have access to these vehicles in our countries the only way we will be able to start any R&D on them is to get hold of an ECM so again that is another hurdle to overcome.

    Some of the 2019 HD vehicles are also supposed to be getting a few new ECM's this year as well (CM2450A, CM2620 and CM2670) so busy times ahead if all that comes true assuming we can still tune them.

    EDIT: Aug 2019 - 2019 Dodge Ram 6.7L tuning is now supported in EFILive.

    Cheers,
    Ross
    Last edited by GMPX; September 8th, 2019 at 06:19 PM.
    Need official EFILive help, please go here.
    For tuning support please post your questions on this forum (or other auto forums).
    Sorry if I don't respond to your PM, don't take it personal.


  3. #3
    Lifetime Member Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Mike, we know nothing with 100% certainty. I have asked around and people tell me only the 2019 1500's are being delivered to dealers at this stage.
    I am fairly confident it is a new ECM though from what we've heard. I expect the gateway will of course still exist but we don't know if the CAN bus is encrypted beyond the gateway (which I think is their ultimate goal with the gateway system), it's all up in the air until they hit the streets. There is also no service or tech details on Tech Authority for the 2019 2500 and 3500 Cummins powered vehicles yet.
    If it is indeed a new ECM with new security then it's going to take time to even figure out if we can get past any security measures they have in place, don't expect support overnight if they've changed lots of things
    Also given we don't have access to these vehicles in our countries the only way we will be able to start any R&D on them is to get hold of an ECM so again that is another hurdle to overcome.

    Some of the 2019 HD vehicles are also supposed to be getting a few new ECM's this year as well (CM2450A, CM2620 and CM2670) so busy times ahead if all that comes true assuming we can still tune them.

    Cheers,
    Ross
    I had a dealer in Canada ask if I was ready for a 2019 2500, he said he had a request. So they might be hitting the dealers lots.

    I have few 2019 beta files and they show to be a 2350B with product id BHQ.

    Busy times ahead for sure, as I am just now getting 2018 trivial's ironed out.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Forum tyhee Site Admin GMPX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    I have few 2019 beta files and they show to be a 2350B with product id BHQ.
    Not sure on the file dates of those 'beta' versions you have but I would be very happy if they stuck with the 2350B for another year.
    Need official EFILive help, please go here.
    For tuning support please post your questions on this forum (or other auto forums).
    Sorry if I don't respond to your PM, don't take it personal.


  5. #5
    Lifetime Member Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Not sure on the file dates of those 'beta' versions you have but I would be very happy if they stuck with the 2350B for another year.
    Looked little closer and the xcal is calling for a CM2450B module.

    <compatibility_header>
    <calibration_version>52.19.82.16</calibration_version>
    <module_name>CM24xx</module_name>
    <first_prod_cfg_file_version>2003.1.1.0</first_prod_cfg_file_version>
    <product_id>BHQ</product_id>
    <module_part_number>9999999</module_part_number>
    <interface_level>4.6.0.0</interface_level>
    <creation_date>2017-05-30</creation_date>
    <start_boot_loader_version>2.4.2.0</start_boot_loader_version>
    <end_boot_loader_version>2.4.3.2</end_boot_loader_version>
    <byte_order>BigEndian</byte_order>
    <index_table_address>00900450</index_table_address>
    <file_descriptor>Core-II Software Copyright 2017 Cummins Inc. - Cummins Confidential - CHR-Vulture-MY19-CM2450B-C34-V52.19.82.16 - Build ID - 196136</file_descriptor>
    <harness_key_mask>0000</harness_key_mask>
    <harness_key_compatibility_list>0000000000000000 </harness_key_compatibility_list>
    <application_table>00900100</application_table>

  6. #6
    Forum tyhee Site Admin GMPX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12,766

    Default

    Thanks Mike, there's confirmation then particularly when the file date shown in there is 2017-05-30. A year an a half on I wonder what software level they are at for the release vehicles.
    Need official EFILive help, please go here.
    For tuning support please post your questions on this forum (or other auto forums).
    Sorry if I don't respond to your PM, don't take it personal.


  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Hello Dears, please sorry if some wrong.
    2019 models came to our shop with the similar CM2350F which shows on a label
    But when reading by Insite 2350B

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4

    Default

    And guys help me to choose which device to purchase to unlock RSA? FlashScan V2 with Dodge Cummins Tuning?
    Planning do recalibration to Euro 3 and throughout all ecology.
    S/N 4384841, DO90070.09 Cummins ISB 6.7 BDC
    Last edited by Faramartin; May 18th, 2019 at 01:05 AM.

  9. #9
    Forum tyhee Site Admin GMPX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12,766

    Default

    It might be plated as a 2019 but a 'real' 2019 model is using the 2450B ECM.

    You calibration ID DO90070.09 is for sure a 2350 ECM so you can unlock and tune that with EFILive, the 2019 CM2450B calibrations are called IA8000x.xx.
    You need a FlashScan V2 with Dodge Cummins Tuning, plus on that model you also need an SGM bypass cable if you a reflashing the ECM whilst still installed in the vehicle.
    There is a number of companies selling an SGM bypass cable so just Google it to see where to buy one, effectively it just allows you to tap directly in to the CAN bus and bypass the OBD-II port gateway module.
    If you are bench programming the ECM's then that SGM bypass cable is not needed.
    Need official EFILive help, please go here.
    For tuning support please post your questions on this forum (or other auto forums).
    Sorry if I don't respond to your PM, don't take it personal.


  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Thank you so much for explanations it’s really helpful. I’ve got harness with box from bench force. Everything good but I can’t find rsa boot for CME in V8 folder

    Harness https://bench-force.com/products/eng...r-cm2350b-6-7l

    Power block https://bench-force.com/collections/...witch-assembly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Current Public Release (Updated - Feb 2019)
    By Blacky in forum Software Updates and Installation Help
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: April 17th, 2019, 05:34 AM
  2. Happy New Year 2019
    By joecar in forum Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 31st, 2018, 06:28 AM
  3. 05 Dodge Ram
    By Zero1338 in forum Do you want to be a Beta Tester?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 14th, 2012, 12:22 PM
  4. RAM Error
    By bobo in forum FlashScan V2 BB Logging
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 26th, 2008, 10:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •