Thread: Checksum Errors LBZ

Default Checksum Errors LBZ

Hey Guys.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but EFILive is a whole new learning curve for me (coming from HPTuners), and I've never ran into this issue with my truck when tuning with HPT. So when I did an initial read on the truck I keep getting these 2 checksum errors (see attached pic). Is this something I should be concerned with and is it safe to "Force All Segments' Checksum To Be Correct".? If this need to be addressed, what is the best way to remedy the issue?

Thanks in advance guys,
    John

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07 LBZ Invalid Checksums.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	22672
    09 Cobalt SS (LNF) - EFR6758, bunch of goodies, 470whp/409wtrq via "the other guys" software.

07 Silverado 2500HD (LBZ) - officially turned to the dark side.

Hi John,

I can only assume that you have modified calibrations in those two segments with HPT but it looks like they do not correct all the checksums those Bosch ECM's have (and there is plenty). Some aren't actually checked by the ECM but we calculate them all just incase.
    Normally "Force All Segments' Checksum To Be Correct" isn't something we'd recommend but in this case I would say you should be fine.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks GMPX! I'm happy to report I successfully attempted the "Force All Segments' Checksum To Be Correct" without any issues. I was legit worried I'd end up with a freshly bricked ecm on my hands, but all went well. Thanks again!
    09 Cobalt SS (LNF) - EFR6758, bunch of goodies, 470whp/409wtrq via "the other guys" software.

07 Silverado 2500HD (LBZ) - officially turned to the dark side.

Well that can certainly happen, good to hear it worked out.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.