Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baro Update

Default Baro Update

Hey guys. Running COS3, 2003.5 C5 Z06 Corvette. Pretty standard A&A corvette supercharged setup, SD tune.

I'm at 4300' elevation and typical atm pressure is 87 kPa. I was using Baro to log a custom "Boost" PID and noticed that the baro parameter was increasing after getting into boost and then it will stay at that "new" baro reading.

My concern is that once baro is updated, it's going to change the MANVAC value in the IFR table in particular and I don't want to end up chasing my tail tuning fuel.

Searched around here and hptuners forums and found a little info on here and almost nothing on hptuners.

I initially changed the various RPM, TPS and time values in the tune to avoid this update scenario per the EFI COS help guide.

Based on my observations and few discussions I found on here... there is a separate logic that sets a new baro if MAP exceeds baro under any condition, with a max of ~104 kPa. This checks, my baro always jumps from 87, to ~104 kPa.

Here in 2019, is there any known workaround for this? I set B0304 to 1.00 across the board based on a recommendation from a thread from 2005. Does B0304 play into this at all or am I SOL? A 20 kPa jump in baro isn't the end of the world....but if I can fix it now before I tune VE anymore, that would be ideal.

Nothing?

Here's a log, but it's pretty straight forward. When MAP > Baro, New Baro = MAP, with a limit of ~104 kPa.

Around cells 750 and 1600

LS1B_0081.efi

Lifetime Member

You're lean in boost and rich everywhere else... and I don't think your baro should be updating when it is.

Post your tune file.

Yeah I changed injector data and "started over", actively working on the VE table right now.

I *think* I had B0304 set to all 1.00 when I did that log (based on a recommendation in an old thread). I put it back to stock values to see if that made any difference.

Aaron R3.ctz

Lifetime Member

Have you tested if your current settings actually disable the baro update?

I haven't changed the "other" baro update settings in the last few revisions, only B0304. I will do a quick test this afternoon/evening and see if it behaves any different with the stock B0304 table settings.

Lifetime Member

That's odd because all the other settings you have 'should' effectively disable any baro updates.

I agree, that's why I am here lol! These discussions are very old, but all I could find. I'm guessing that 99 percent of people never even pay attention to this, who usually logs baro anyways?

In this thread, GMPX mentions that if MAP > Baro, then New Baro = MAP. Sounds like maybe there is a separate logic vs the normal "baro update' window provides by the baro update tables.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...creep-in-2-bar

In this thread, he recommends setting B0304 to 1.00, which is why I started with that.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ighlight=b0304

I still don't understand what the actual math/equation and how B0304 plays into it. Maybe I can put in some different values in the 105 kPa cell so that when it updates, it will update back to ~87 kPa.... or maybe setting 0.00 across the board will disable any updates all together. IDK, just speculating. I should try this out next.

Lifetime Member

Interesting problem. Maybe try allowing baro update at very low rpm, say 1200 to 1400 with a TP of maybe 20%... see if that brings baro back down after it has creeped up.

Lifetime Member

You could also try setting B0304 to 0.87 across the board... see what happens there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast